Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2021, 08:43 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #22737
Thor tranquility

Thor tranquility
I purchased a Thor tranquility on April 2. I have 27 open items of things that are broken. It’s very difficult to get an appointment for repair. My water pump is leaking causing a mildew smell and damage in the back compartment. The awning is broken. The kitchen and bathroom fans broken. Several window coverings. The refrigerator broke at the beginning of the trip and all the food was spoiled. It’s difficult to travel without a refrigerator. How can I get all these things fixed quickly? I have 16,000 miles on the car and I’m worried about the warranty.

Old 11-24-2021, 08:58 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 28H
THOR #3559
If this is a new vehicle and the dealer isn't responsive. I would contact Thor directly. The other option is the tedious chore of dealing with each component's manufacturer warranty.
Old 02-04-2022, 06:14 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
THOR #25908
Thor Tranquility - La Mesa RV

We purchased a Thor Tranquility in September 2021 and dropped it off at La Mesa RV (Sacramento) on November 9th (11/09/2021) to repair the following (it has been has been at La Mesa RV service center 3 months):
1. Driver rear pop-out window broken
2. TV missing

4. Storage compartment doors broken/stripped hardware – driver

side lower
5. Battery charging alternator failed

We are told the AC board will not be in until March and window replacement we are told today (2/3/2022) is 6-8 weeks out.
We don't understand how La Mesa can stay in business - Can we order parts directly from THOR and just install ourselves (do not care about warranties).
Old 01-22-2023, 12:43 AM   #4

THOR #22737
Class action against La Mesa

Class action against La Mesa? They sealed the back of my van for some unknown reason and because they sealed it moisture has been trapped underneath and mold is growing. I I complain to them several times I was worried about this happening and they told me I didn’t know what I was talking about. I am getting tested this week but I am 100% positive I am suffering from long-term exposure to mold. La Mesa is 100% negligent!

In addition they do not know how to do their job. I can’t believe that window shades that were broken during the purchase of my van on April 2, 2021 or still working today! Every single thing they fix brakes the first time I use it which makes me think they don’t even fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnCarolyn View Post
We purchased a Thor Tranquility in September 2021 and dropped it off at La Mesa RV (Sacramento) on November 9th (11/09/2021) to repair the following (it has been has been at La Mesa RV service center 3 months):
1. Driver rear pop-out window broken
2. TV missing

4. Storage compartment doors broken/stripped hardware – driver

side lower
5. Battery charging alternator failed

We are told the AC board will not be in until March and window replacement we are told today (2/3/2022) is 6-8 weeks out.
We don't understand how La Mesa can stay in business - Can we order parts directly from THOR and just install ourselves (do not care about warranties).
Old 01-22-2023, 12:48 AM   #5

THOR #22737
There is an agency that coveralls RV repair shops. I am currently writing a complaint against la mesa. I have never been treated with so much disrespect as I did from them.