Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2022, 06:47 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #27137
THOR Vegas 24.1 2021 Wires behind console not hooked up

I found a few wires behind the driver console not hooked up. Anyone know what they are for?

They are wrapped up and one seems to go left and the other right. Wasn't able to see where they go since it they are fairly common colors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5888.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	38142  

Old 06-15-2022, 06:53 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
They go to that option not installed in your MH.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 06:57 PM   #3

THOR #27137
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
They go to that option not installed in your MH.
haha, Do you know what the option is? Supposedly there are only two options with 24.1 is the heating pads and solar. I have them both,.
Old 06-15-2022, 07:07 PM   #4

Model: 2022 Axis 24.1
State: Kansas
THOR #24565
Can't answer as to what those are for or could be for, but will say that our 24.1 has a bunch of extra wiring around the radio area. They look similar to those.

Under the drivers seat there is an always on wire set that is probably for the electric seat (30 amp fuse) if you don't have that. It makes a nice connection point for extra USB plugs and 12 volt for tire pressure monitor, GPS, phone.
Old 06-15-2022, 07:22 PM   #5

THOR #27137
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
Can't answer as to what those are for or could be for, but will say that our 24.1 has a bunch of extra wiring around the radio area. They look similar to those.

Under the drivers seat there is an always on wire set that is probably for the electric seat (30 amp fuse) if you don't have that. It makes a nice connection point for extra USB plugs and 12 volt for tire pressure monitor, GPS, phone.
I sorted through all the cables. The harnesses are fine, but the way they were run was a mess. I pretty much accounted for everything. I should note it is a three AMP 3 fuse.
Old 06-15-2022, 07:32 PM   #6

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearcec View Post
I found a few wires behind the driver console not hooked up. Anyone know what they are for?

They are wrapped up and one seems to go left and the other right. Wasn't able to see where they go since it they are fairly common colors.
Just the other day my usb plug was loose on the center console and I figured it was like my suv just pull, nothing happened. I got a flash light and saw two screws in the cutout at the bottom screwed to some junk 2x4 scraps they put there. I fixed it and yes there are wires all over not connected to anything. Just remember where they are in case you need extra wire to fix something
Old 06-15-2022, 07:37 PM   #7

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #21919
Those wires are for the standard GPS tracker. It is not available so they delivered your coach without one installed.
Old 06-15-2022, 08:00 PM   #8

THOR #27137
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Those wires are for the standard GPS tracker. It is not available so they delivered your coach without one installed.
Does yours have it? Can you take a picture? I know you can buy those after market trackers that install into the OBDII port.
Old 06-15-2022, 08:30 PM   #9

THOR #21919
Quote:
Does yours have it? Can you take a picture? I know you can buy those after market trackers that install into the OBDII port.
My 2022 24.1 does not have the GPS tracker installed either. I think they only install them for rental RV''s. Not certain.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:55 PM   #10
sip

State: California
THOR #5882
I've been meaning to dig into my 2016 dash and rewire a bunch of stuff like the radio and cig outlets to run off the house batteries. I basically don't want anything in the dash area running off the chassis battery. Same with the window shade ...

The years are ticking by and I've just been procrastinating

I know I've seen at least another white 10 guage looking 12v wire also behind the radio on mine that wasn't hooked up to anything. There were 2 of them and I think one was going to the cig lighter plug.
Old 06-30-2022, 04:19 PM   #11

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
The more you dig throughout your MH, the more unused "prewiring" you will find. It's cheaper to run all wiring -like for brake controller - when the chassis is bare. It's much simpler come time to install peripheral items... plug and play. I found at least three 12 volt "circuit terminations" under my kitchen sink area. Great if I ever need power... it's already there!!
Old 06-30-2022, 04:27 PM   #12

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
One of the THOR build videos addresses the universal wiring harnesses they assemble that fit across the board on multiple models. It's cheaper and also a QC factor to just make all the harnesses the same whether your unit requires some of the terminal ends or not. Auto manufacturers have been doing this for years. There are wires under seats for power seats never opted for. Wires in the dash for trailer brake systems...never opted for....a lot more than you would think.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 06:04 PM   #13

THOR #27137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
The more you dig throughout your MH, the more unused "prewiring" you will find. It's cheaper to run all wiring -like for brake controller - when the chassis is bare. It's much simpler come time to install peripheral items... plug and play. I found at least three 12 volt "circuit terminations" under my kitchen sink area. Great if I ever need power... it's already there!!
Yea I don't need the why. I get it. I want to know WHAT this is for. What am I missing? Would could I have?
Old 06-30-2022, 07:46 PM   #14

THOR #21919
Quote:
Yea I don't need the why. I get it. I want to know WHAT this is for. What am I missing? Would could I have?
Answered in post 7. I can share the diagram is you'd like privately or contact Thor and ask for the dash harness wire diagram for your 24.1.