Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-25-2015, 10:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas
State: Kansas
THOR #2031
Thor Vegas windshield wiper controls

For the life of me I cannot understand why Thor took the controls for the wipers off the steering post of the Ford E350 and put them in a very difficult to reach spot. And now, just today the wipers are not working (of course it is raining). I found the fuses under the hood and changed both the fuse labeled wipers and the fuse labeled wiper motor, but still do not work. Are there any other fuses that perhaps Thor decided to hide from us? Is this a Ford problem or a Thor problem? Thanks for any help.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:30 PM   #2

Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
The wiper fuse is actually under the dash. See the fuse location list for the "stripped chassis" in the Ford manual in your documentation package. Do a forum search for more info on why the stalk control is not used.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:10 AM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
You may have the bad washer motor--as soon as you hit the wash button poof goes the fuse.
I believe that the washer motor fuse is in the fusebox under the drivers seat (in the outside storage on the drivers side front).

Have some spares and check the washer button. If the fuse blows immediately when you hit the button then you need to get your washer motor replaced under warranty (you can call/e-mail Thor and they will send you a replacement and instruct you to return the bad unit back to them).

Wiper controls on the stalk/steering column: My Axis does not have the controls on the steering column. It is likely that Thor put them there because they may not know which stripped chassis they get will have controls or not.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:49 AM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
I found if you have a coating of RainX on these big windshields you can almost get by without the wipers at all. Apply, wipe off, then wipe again with microfiber cloth. Some use a buffer. Not recommended to take the place of having working wipers!
One theory on an earlier thread was that the bigger wiper blades of the Vegas requires a heavier switch. So the one on the steering column doesn't do anything.
My 2016 Vegas does have a non-functioning wiper control stalk. The working controls are on the dash panel.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:29 AM   #5

Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
Jaime,

In ours (2014 24.1) it id definitely under the dash - above and behind the brake pedal. It's a 5 amp mini-fuse. Brown, I think. I had to replace it several times while CW claimed they had fixed the problem. As with most folks a new, good washer pump did the trick.

As for the bigger switch theory - the Ford E350 manual specs a 20 amp fuse for the stock washer/wiper combo. In the stripped-chassis Axis it's a 5- amp.

Go figure...

Randy