Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2022, 10:02 PM   #141

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by climberbob View Post
I have a 2016 31 S hurricane. We bought it new and had 40 things wrong with it.
The worst ones being the window leaked. They replaced the window and it still leaked. I fixed it myself.
They did not sweep the floor before putting the flooring down. There were screws showing through. I had them replace it.
It took months to get everything fixed. Write everything down that's wrong with it when you take it in.
Now the other side of the story. I traveled 645 miles from home to buy my coach from a reputable dealer. We lived in the coach for 40 hours in the delivery barn before I signed off on the delivery checklist that all was working as it should. The dealer gave me a copy of the Thor Dealer's PDI checklist, so if I had any problems they could trace it back to who inspected and signed-off on that item. I had two items repaired 10 months later while I waited in the coach delivery waiting room. Six years later (as of the 26 of January) nothing has broken , leaked or fallen off. Sure I have added things that were not available from the factory, and changed out some peeling furniture, This is my third RV and by far the most reliable and best built of the three. If you think Thor MC has a QC problem, you need to make a trip to "Camp Newmar" in Nappanee, IN

Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 10:21 PM   #142

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
. If I had spent 125k more for mine then I will probably be even more upset with quality issues.
The difference I know I saved 50k. That’s 20k for repairs to make my coach my own. And 30k for trips. I can tell you spending a month in our coach driving from Washington state to Florida to take my kids to fort wilderness means more to me then having a coach with a few less issues.
The quoted poster thinking reasonably and accepting responsibility for buying
Fruit Circles
Instead of
Fruit Loops
is out of the 'I accidently bought a cardboard house' persons realm and would negate their argument.

Some here know adding a bit of banana , that you have the money for because you didn't buy the Fruit Loops, and you REALLY love bananas(insert groovy and personal RV upgrade here) and then picking out the burnt Fruit Circles, makes Fruit Circles really nice,and exactly what you want to make you happy.

Some here have switched to fruit loops because the banana labor isn't worth it and the fruit circles weren't up to the buyers standard.

Some refuse to fix up the fruit circles they wish they hadn't bought and also refuse to buy fruit loops.
Let them eat cake.

I can't break it down much farther than generic cereal vs name brand cereal and the faults caused by either decision.

I think it all boils down to how you lead life.
I don't think I've really read and understood anyone to be a Thor apologist. I think the confusion is due to those among us who take responsibility for their decisions and purchases and actions and those who don't.
You all decide who is whom in these diatribes.

(We drove 4,400ish miles round trip to buy our 24.1)

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 10:41 PM   #143

State: Washington
THOR #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
The quoted poster thinking reasonably and accepting responsibility for buying
Fruit Circles
Instead of
Fruit Loops
is out of the 'I accidently bought a cardboard house' persons realm and would negate their argument.

Some here have switched to fruit loops because the following banana labor isn't worth it.
Some here know adding a bit of banana , that you have the money for because you didn't buy the Fruit Loops, and you REALLY love bananas(insert groovy and personal RV upgrade here) and then picking out the burnt Fruit Circles, makes Fruit Circles really nice,and exactly what you want to make you happy.

Some refuse to fix up the fruit circles they wish they hadn't bought and also refuse to buy fruit loops.
Let them eat cake.

I can't break it down much farther than generic cereal vs name brand cereal and the faults caused by either decision.

(We drove 4,400ish miles round trip to buy our 24.1)
That’s true. Sometimes I feel people just want to complain about everything. This isn’t to take away real serious issues those happen and it sucks. And as I say this I am fully aware that the backend of my coach could just fall off while driving. But that’s not what you see it’s complain about saw dust. Like seriously you are camping!

The amount of dirt that’s tracked in saw dust should be the least of your worries. I guess I just don’t get it be miserable or be happy.

The axxera radio sucks yeah so what ours finally crapped out after 25k miles. I have a 300 pioneer double din deck to put in as a replacement. The crappy TVs guess what when they crap out I will go and buy another cheap TV to put in its place. Why because it’s a rolling earthquake and things will break.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:17 AM   #144

Model: Freedom Elite 24FE
State: Washington
THOR #23201
I never complained about the quality, I LOVE our Thor. I was just pointing out all the stuff left in one little seat base.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:24 AM   #145

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan View Post
I never complained about the quality, I LOVE our Thor. I was just pointing out all the stuff left in one little seat base.
I'm the opposite. I don't make a big deal of the construction debris from the factory, just the nature of a low end RV. I do make a big deal of dangerous construction practices such as the propane line routing and damages, the front cap not installed correctly, and the lack of dedicated heating ducting. Leaving the hinge off the step battery cover was dangerous. That's my gripe and I had no faith that other potentially threatening conditions exist from the thor factory. That's why I dumped the POS.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 12:32 AM   #146

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Some make the 'i bought less than my ego anticipated because i hadn't the knowledge not to' excuse.
And you just did it contemptably.

Some make repairs to what we know we purchased with full knowledge, and no excuse.
And we do it contentedly.

Once again, if you paid what you did, you paid it for a reason.

Some are expecting things that weren't knowledge based of their purchase.
They ain't generalleez got dem happeez.

Some are accepting of things that were knowledge based of their purchase.
They is generalleez hazzing dem dare happeez.
(Cat bible quote)

Some don't know a cardboard wall from fine maple laminate, yet some do. How?

Sell it.
There's not a reason in the world not to that we ad a forum group cant help you address and overcome and help make you happier.
I think your ego has an over inflated value of your knowledge.
You really should change your forum screen name to #uckface, and if your as smart as you think you are, you get what I'm saying.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:34 AM   #147

Model: XG 32 Omni
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Discussing the thor faults with the koolaid and cheering squad is an effort in insanity. Some people don't recognize poor quality and/or want to spend the least $$$ and justify their cheapness by criticizing anyone who questions that quality. I agree partly with ducky, sell it but not everyone who was duped by thor has the means to get out cleanly. When I look at the quality of the Renegade Valencia which is priced a bit more than an omni and "assume" that their offering on the F550 chassis, Veracruz, is of similar build quality, how anyone in their right mind can defend the horrid quality for the very high cost put out by thor is amazing. But I guess some will defend their poor choices by taking the ostrich approach, others are just generally combative.

Your cap is fixed and shouldn't be an issue again. Judge with his fix will probably have to revisit the issue because the same place that screwed it up the first time, "repaired???" it. But now you have to be looking for disintegrating A/C ducting, LACK of real heating ducting, more potential propane line issues, and who know what else potentially deadly and/or show stopping problems will arise. Will my Valencia continue to be fault free, likely not, but it wasn't built by thor so I have at least a fighting chance of a good user experience. The only thing I may miss about the omni was the acceleration of the 550 chassis.
I agree. And when said cheering squad is led blindly by waterfowl, well that's there problem. Fool's being led by a fool.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:34 AM   #148

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
I'm the opposite. I don't make a big deal of the construction debris from the factory, just the nature of a low end RV. I do make a big deal of dangerous construction practices such as the propane line routing and damages, the front cap not installed correctly, and the lack of dedicated heating ducting. Leaving the hinge off the step battery cover was dangerous. That's my gripe and I had no faith that other potentially threatening conditions exist from the thor factory. That's why I dumped the POS.
Absolutely the fairest reason, and best choice I've read here.
Anyone can sell and trade.
I see no excuse to the contrary.

And if thy RV offend thee, sell it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy bad choices should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 12:45 AM   #149

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
There's a rumor going around that Thor is giving away a case of black Gorilla tape with every RV sold. . ...just to please everyone!
Old 01-18-2022, 12:49 AM   #150
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
There's a rumor going around that Thor is giving away a case of black Gorilla tape with every RV sold. . ...just to please everyone!
WUT??!! No Flex Seal???
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 09:47 AM   #151

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
And dkoldman didn't buy twice. Talked to Thor directly about everything I saw pre-purchase that Dealer would not take care of. None of the items were Thor type warranty defects. I could have bought anyway and complained the rest of life, fixed it and bragged about the great deal I got and how much I saved, or walked from the table/deal. I did twice. The way I see it, I didn't buy from the Dealer because I didn't get the deal I wanted on the two Thor coaches I looking at. I thank TMC for helping me.
Old 01-18-2022, 02:37 PM   #152

THOR #6903
Quote:
When any of you bought, or someone you associate with bought a house in a quickly built housing development how much stuff did you find wrong, how much caaarrrrappp left behind, doors not working, ac not working, heater not hooked up, and tell us about the broken concrete they used as fill under 3 inches of soil in the back yard.
Dont forget the ones built on old landfills.
We ALL know these stories. We've known them all our lives.

Say
Agendacized.

Granted:
This is a thor forum.
Not granted:
Ignoring everything about entry level ANYTHING.
It's entry level life. Rv being a big purchase for you is not mattering. That cookie cutter house was just as mattering.

L
Duck nailed it