Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #5
Converter stopped working

We're hooked up to an electric only site and woke up yesterday with very dim lights, no water pressure and rising temps in the refrigerator. The RV's batteries were dead. I checked the distribution panel and discovered the CONV breaker had tripped. I reset the breaker figuring that would take care of the problem but it didn't so I got out my trusted multimeter and started checking voltages and fuses. There was no DC power coming out of the converter.
The company that manufactures the converter, World Friendship, has a tech support number so I called it and told the tech what testing I had done. He determined that the converter was bad and needed replaced.
My next call was to the nearest Redwood/Crossroads authorized service center to get a replacement converter, no luck there.
I then contacted Brian Emmons at Redwood and told him what my problem was and what steps I had taken to remedy it. He took my phone number and said he'd make some calls and then contact me. A half hour later he called me wanting to know the address to the RV park I was in because he was going to overnight a new converter to me. Understandably they want my old converter so they will include a return shipping label so I can send it back.
I have dealt with Brian Emmons for several other warranty issues I've had and he has responded in similar manner every time. I cant say enough about his customer service ethic and what a comfort it is knowing I can contact him when I have a problem. Redwood better hang on to this guy.

Also. Even though it sounds like they were named by a Miss America contestant, World Friendship has excellent customer service as well.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #2

State: New York
THOR #41
Excellent service!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #3

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Zinger
State: New York
THOR #100
This is the type of service we want and need.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #4

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Z1 271BH
State: Ontario
THOR #87
Nice to hear! Thats great they will send it to your location, saves a lot of hassle taking it to the dealership if you can install it yourself.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:58 PM   #5

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum
State: Alabama
THOR #13457
I sure wish he was working at Dixie RV where I bought my Quantam. They say they can't help me because of the warranty and to call Thor. No luck with either.

Tags
converter