Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2019, 09:52 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #15962
No power.

Interesting thing I had was I picked up my home from maintenance after a extended repair work on front end problem and a constant check engine light kept coming on. Both were fixed by Freightliner service which did an outstanding job. But when I got home I had no power to the home. Couldn't even start generator. The solar charger was flashing red and a 601 code. Looked it up and said a no battery or low volts (less than 3) yep they were at 2.0 or less across the bank. Hmmm. Ok called Thor. Said you need to charge them up above 3 to get them to start working. Ok. I did that. As soon as I hooked up charger (I have a commercial one 20 amps or better) everything powered up. My guess was that the mechanic needed power not knowing that when switch by door is left on it powers the components in the home, thus when no sun, or hooked up to shore power you kill the batteries. Just thought I'd let you all know if you drop off from a off service area not familiar with YOUR motorhome which some are down right different will kill your system. Alls good now.
HAPPY CAMPING

Old 10-15-2019, 10:07 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
They know the purpose of the "salesman" switch (AKA USE/STORE Switch) they just don't care about your batteries.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:52 PM   #3

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
USE/STORE Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
They know the purpose of the "salesman" switch (AKA USE/STORE Switch) they just don't care about your batteries.
Not to sound stupid, but could someone explain exactly what this USE/STORE switch does? My Hurricane has two switches, one labelled Coach Disconnect and one Chassis Disconnect. I understand what they do and they either connect or disconnect their respective battery. I figure this USE/STORE switch does the same... but both batts or just one or....? A schematic works for me. Thx

Stay cool
Old 10-15-2019, 11:00 PM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
Not to sound stupid, but could someone explain exactly what this USE/STORE switch does? My Hurricane has two switches, one labelled Coach Disconnect and one Chassis Disconnect. I understand what they do and they either connect or disconnect their respective battery. I figure this USE/STORE switch does the same... but both batts or just one or....? A schematic works for me. Thx

Stay cool
USE/STORE is just the house batteries. No chassis battery disconnect on those coaches.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 02:49 AM   #5

Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie200 View Post
Interesting thing I had was I picked up my home from maintenance after a extended repair work on front end problem and a constant check engine light kept coming on. Both were fixed by Freightliner service which did an outstanding job. But when I got home I had no power to the home. Couldn't even start generator. The solar charger was flashing red and a 601 code. Looked it up and said a no battery or low volts (less than 3) yep they were at 2.0 or less across the bank. Hmmm. Ok called Thor. Said you need to charge them up above 3 to get them to start working. Ok. I did that. As soon as I hooked up charger (I have a commercial one 20 amps or better) everything powered up. My guess was that the mechanic needed power not knowing that when switch by door is left on it powers the components in the home, thus when no sun, or hooked up to shore power you kill the batteries. Just thought I'd let you all know if you drop off from a off service area not familiar with YOUR motorhome which some are down right different will kill your system. Alls good now.
HAPPY CAMPING
So what was the cause of the check engine light or what repair fixed the issue, yours was originally the dpf soot sensor?