Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2021, 11:48 PM   #61

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Thor class c outlaw
State: California
THOR #18162
My class C outlaw made terrible noises in the slide out wall near the drivers head. It ended up being the slide out brackets in the wall were loose. They drilled new holes and secured them.

Old 12-03-2021, 02:30 AM   #62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by neeliec View Post
I'm reviving this post that I posted to and followed for awhile to add a bit of newly discovered information...at least to me.

Several folks posted here that their banging noises might be caused by the slide mechanisms or the protective awning that covers the top of the slide.

I think you're all on to something here. We spent a few nights at a very remote RV park in NM where the winds were simply awful. We thought stuff was going to be ripped off of our coach during the night. With a couple particularly bad gusts we heard the same banging noise we would hear occasionally while on the road.

Hubby went out in the nastiness to see what he could see and determined that the wind was buffeting the protective awning that covers the slide. There seems to be a fair amount of play in there, causing the bumping, banging sound.

We're in the process of searching for a possible "padding" option for when we are stationary and if the winds pick up...not sure what can be done while on the move.

We have a 2016 Hurricane 27K.
Try inserting a small inflatable beachball between the top of the slide and the slide topper awning will take up the slack and reduce the flapping on windy days when parked
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote