Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2018, 06:51 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
I should have previewed before I hit enter. That didnt turn out the way I thought.

My first reply is in the middle of his quote, then the 2nd reply is below his "add 5 # over if runing 65 MPH". Sorry... Im still learning the tricks of these sites.

2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:55 PM   #22

Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Ontario
THOR #9645
my Four Winds 24 F the door sticker indicates 75 lbs for the front tires and 65lbs for the rear. This is what I use.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:28 PM   #23

Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
My Chateau 31E says 75f/80r on the door sticker (cold pressure). I haven't weighed mine, but I've seen weights posted for similar units and they tend to be heavy in the back and light in the front. Based on this, I drop my front tire pressures down to 70, which is still higher than the tire charts show for the weight, but I figure I'll split the difference. I keep the rears at 80 psi.

When I first checked my pressures after driving it home from the dealer, the pressures were around 55 psi. This low pressure didn't seem to cause any problems, and it gave a smoother ride.

I've seen the argument on whether you should set pressure per the door sticker or based on actual corner weights again and again on various boards. I'm not sure there is a definitive answer.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:52 PM   #24
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
My Chateau 31E says 75f/80r on the door sticker (cold pressure). I haven't weighed mine, but I've seen weights posted for similar units and they tend to be heavy in the back and light in the front. Based on this, I drop my front tire pressures down to 70, which is still higher than the tire charts show for the weight, but I figure I'll split the difference. I keep the rears at 80 psi.

When I first checked my pressures after driving it home from the dealer, the pressures were around 55 psi. This low pressure didn't seem to cause any problems, and it gave a smoother ride.

I've seen the argument on whether you should set pressure per the door sticker or based on actual corner weights again and again on various boards. I'm not sure there is a definitive answer.
Sure there is:

Set by door sticker until you get the coach weighed; then set by weights.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:41 PM   #25

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I'd go with the load chart + a bit for a safety factor, maybe 5% or so to cover variations in load, measurement error, gauge error, temperature correction, etc...

The number does strike me as low, but 55 for the drive axle by the chart works, then I'd go + 5% = 58 psi...call it 60 psi

also seems odd to me that your spec for front is higher than the rear. I'd want to double check those specs/tire chart if I were you. You didn't say your tire size so I can't double check things...
but then your C is much smaller than mine and probably not overloaded like the over 30 footers.
For reference...my E-450 drive axle is at or slightly over max so it's a full 80 psi there for me
My steer axle is a bit lighter so I run 70 psi there

My drive handling increased dramatically once I started setting the steer pressure to where it is supposed to be.