Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2020, 04:53 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32
State: Massachusetts
THOR #19481
Tire Pressure in Omni XG32

Does anyone know the correct tire pressure for the Omni XG32? Brand new to me and there is about 78lbs in the tires and the door sticker states 100lbs.

Old 08-10-2020, 05:12 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD0 View Post
Does anyone know the correct tire pressure for the Omni XG32? Brand new to me and there is about 78lbs in the tires and the door sticker states 100lbs.

I use the door sticker on my Chateau. If you weigh each axel you may be able to find pressure charts on manufacturers web site but I’ve always just used the door sticker. Front and back are probably different.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:14 PM   #3

THOR #6903
I agree, go with the sticker until you can weigh it and get the tire inflation charts. After getting the weight and charts I like to add 10% for a safety factor.

Tires inflated to low in hot weather tend to blow out leaving gators along the Hi Ways and considerable damage to RV's
Old 08-10-2020, 05:39 PM   #4

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
And consider getting a TPMS system so you can monitor pressure while you drive. A slow leak in an RV (or a blow out from being under inflated) can be pretty dangerous and you want to do everything possible to see it coming.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:48 AM   #5

Model: Omni XG32
State: Massachusetts
THOR #19481
Thanks for input. Received unit from dealer with 75lbs of air in all the tires. Of course This is the same dealer who the day after I brought it home had a problem with the air conditioner , I called them and they told me to call the manufacturer.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:41 PM   #6

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Tire Pressure in Omni XG32

Quote:
Thanks for input. Received unit from dealer with 75lbs of air in all the tires. Of course This is the same dealer who the day after I brought it home had a problem with the air conditioner , I called them and they told me to call the manufacturer.

I wrote a stern letter to the Service Manager of General RV in Canton, OH after I got my Magnitude SV34 following the PDI. It was very clear the dealer never did an inspection of the unit before my PDI when they said they did.

When I got home (2 hours from the dealer) I checked the air pressure and all 6 tires were extremely low and to the point of being unsafe. It was clear they never checked the tire pressure because the inside passenger side rear tire had a defective flexible extension. I could not check or add air to it. I had to order a new one on Amazon and replace it. That tire was also very low on air. I had to pull the wheels to deal with it, which was not much fun.

Had they checked the tire pressure they would have found the defective extension and replaced it.

I am running 95lbs front and 105lbs rear.

For your dealer to tell you to call Thor is ridiculous and a sign of incompetency.
Old 08-11-2020, 04:15 PM   #7

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
I would definitely call the manufacturer with the name of that dealer & the name of the knucklehead that fed you that line of BS & request the name of a GOOD dealer to handle your warranty work from now on, I wouldn't go back to that one if they can't handle their required jobs. Life's too short to have to deal with that kind of a###oles.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:45 PM   #8

THOR #6903
When we picked up the Tuscany new we had and did what seemed like a decent PDI and staying overnight at MHSRV we found a few things to get fixed before leaving. Checking tire psig didn't even pop into my mind as I figured they had been set per the Coach placards at 110 psig

Left there and got through Dallas during rush hour towing which was interesting for the first time driving the Tuscany.

Got down the road and found a place to stop to check everything before traveling to the evening stop. Tires were hot as hell and checking them most had about 80 psig. Found a truck stop to air them to placard which was 110 all around. Got weighed later on and backed off 10 psig on the Tag while the drive and steering both require 110 psig

Needless to say I was very disappointed that the dealer neglected to check one of the most important items regarding safety

So for anyone picking up any RV check the tire psig or have them do it
Old 08-11-2020, 10:53 PM   #9

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I always check a vehicle’s lifeblood when I purchase one. Even a new one. Oil, coolant, transmission, brake fluid, tire pressure and lights. Also after it’s been serviced. You’d be surprised....