Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2021, 10:03 AM   #1
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds Windsport 36R
State: Ontario
Posts: 43
THOR #8513
Tire Pressures

I have a 2008 Windsport 36R, and I know there are not many of these around, but I am looking for information on what tire pressures were on these vehicles when they came from the manufacturer or what others are running in their tires?

I have 235/80R 22.5in Michelins.

I understand the need to weigh each corner of my coach to understand what pressures are best but unfortunately there are no weigh stations near me and none closer than a day or two drive that can weigh each wheel.

So until I get to one, I am in need of info on what most are using for tire pressure or what the manufacturer used when new?

Or if anyone knows the Gross Axle Weight for each axle?

-I dont carry much water, I always empty the tanks.
-I also tow a Jeep Compass, 4200 pounds
-I have been running 90 psi but worry it may not be enough

Thanks for your help

__________________
CAC Windsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 01:02 PM   #2
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
Posts: 5,733
THOR #1469
Do a Vin search and you should be able to get the axle weight specs based on the chassis info.
__________________
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 01:16 PM   #3
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 6,389
THOR #7035
There is a yellow sticker in your RV with the recommended tire sizes and inflations for your coach from the factory at GVWR. Most are to the left of the driver under the side window.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 01:57 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
OldWEB's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: FW Hurricane
State: England
Posts: 533
THOR #16471
Exclamation

same question.
__________________
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 06:51 PM   #5
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
Posts: 5,733
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
I deleted the other thread as being a duplicate
__________________
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 06:52 PM   #6
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
Posts: 5,733
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
There is a yellow sticker in your RV with the recommended tire sizes and inflations for your coach from the factory at GVWR. Most are to the left of the driver under the side window.
Stickers May no longer exist on a 13 year old rig.
__________________
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:00 PM   #7
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds Windsport 36R
State: Ontario
Posts: 43
THOR #8513
Exactly, there doesn't appear to be a sticker on it with that info
__________________
CAC Windsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 08:37 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Travelin' Texans's Avatar
 
Brand: Redwood
State: Texas
Posts: 1,399
THOR #3610
The tires should have a "max load inflation" imprinted on them, personally I'd use that pressure.
There's also a "max load rating" imprinted on them, just realize that for every pound you deflate below that recommended inflation you are also decreasing that load rating.
You're running 22.5" commercial grade tires so apparently you have a heavy motorhome, I'd recommend running the max inflation imprinted on the tire, it may make the ride a bit harsh, after all it's not a luxury car, but will help with tire wear & temperatures.
IMHO weighing each tire location & having multiple inflation's on each corner is a waste of time, then add/remove weight to/from this corner or that one & having to readjust inflation's, what a PITA, inflate all the same & live with it.
__________________
Danny & Linda
Sold our '13 Thor Redwood 36 FB
Currently RV & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 10:18 PM   #9
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
Posts: 51
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAC Windsport View Post
I have a 2008 Windsport 36R, and I know there are not many of these around, but I am looking for information on what tire pressures were on these vehicles when they came from the manufacturer or what others are running in their tires?

I have 235/80R 22.5in Michelins.

I understand the need to weigh each corner of my coach to understand what pressures are best but unfortunately there are no weigh stations near me and none closer than a day or two drive that can weigh each wheel.

So until I get to one, I am in need of info on what most are using for tire pressure or what the manufacturer used when new?

Or if anyone knows the Gross Axle Weight for each axle?

-I dont carry much water, I always empty the tanks.
-I also tow a Jeep Compass, 4200 pounds
-I have been running 90 psi but worry it may not be enough

Thanks for your help
There should be a label with the max. You can adjust from there. If there is a truck stop try there. Most have CAT scales $12. Michelin web site has pressure chart for their tires. Out Aria is 10,000 front and 19,500 rear. according to Michelin that is 85 psi front 90psi back. We are close enough left vs right.
__________________
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 10:41 PM   #10
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
Posts: 5,733
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCSW View Post
There should be a label with the max. You can adjust from there. If there is a truck stop try there. Most have CAT scales $12. Michelin web site has pressure chart for their tires. Out Aria is 10,000 front and 19,500 rear. according to Michelin that is 85 psi front 90psi back. We are close enough left vs right.
Post 7 - no labels
__________________
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 12:06 AM   #11
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 6,389
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Stickers May no longer exist on a 13 year old rig.
Where would they go? They are required to be permanently affixed to vehicles since 2005. They may not be yellow - they may just be black print on a white background.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 12:15 AM   #12
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
Posts: 5,733
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Where would they go? They are required to be permanently affixed to vehicles since 2005. They may not be yellow - they may just be black print on a white background.
They are required to be there when the vehicle is new but there are no laws, that I am aware of, that state the owner cannot remove or otherwise destroy them. The only thing that must remain in place is the permanently. affixed VIN plate. Some owners do not like the big ugly stickers that were placed on their walls. Just like they don't want dealer badging or stickers that say fresh water, low point drains etc...

Also, the stickers will come loose and fall off due to environmental conditions such as high humidity and heat.

BTW, my tire pressures are not on the yellow sticker. My tire pressures and axle weights are on the white incomplete vehicle label which is on my driver's side door jam. I went back to my ics and the same held true for the Challenger, no tire pressures oil the yellow label.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 12:33 AM   #13
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 20,416
THOR #8860
Stickers will often fade to the point where they can no longer be read...
__________________
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 12:59 AM   #14
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds Windsport 36R
State: Ontario
Posts: 43
THOR #8513
You don't necessarily have your tires at different pressures each corner, you generally inflate both sides the same and to the higher load requirement
Running tires over inflated can be problematic too, which is why you don't just run a max inflation
__________________
CAC Windsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 12:43 AM   #15
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger
State: New York
Posts: 36
THOR #9265
NEVER use the pressure printed in the tire That us the maximum, never to exceed cold pressure for the TIRE, not the coach. Use the RV label, if present, for starters. The best way is to weigh each axle of your coach at a truck stop scale. Then go to the tire manufacturer's website and find the tire pressure tables. They will tell you the correct pressure.
__________________
jgwmjw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 01:54 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 32R
State: New York
Posts: 8
THOR #375
I recently emptied out and sold our 2002 Thor Windsport 32R and, much to my surprise, found the tire info sticker glued to the wall inside the bedroom closet. Can't explain why I never noticed it there. Or why they put it there.
__________________
RVthereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 02:41 AM   #17
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: windsport 36R
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 22
THOR #11273
I have the exact same MH. I have the weight sticker your looking for. I can take a picture of it and post it tomorrow, unless you find one or your answer before then. Let me know.
__________________
keger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2