Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2018, 12:48 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Oregon
THOR #6934
As per my Tire shops recommendation I rotate Mine every 5K miles Using Jamies left diagram. At 5k miles there is no issue of different size, and rotating them keeps it that way. (that's the whole point.)
As far as age, I keep it inside when not in use so it gets less sun than a normal car or truck. I change them when tire wear dictates it.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:36 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Illinois
THOR #10076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard164 View Post
Some will argue that mixing front tires with rear tires "may" result in the rear tires being a different mounted diameter, due to a different wear pattern as a steer tire. A dual tire axle want tires of EQUAL mounted diameter, or one tire takes more of the load. Crowned roads always raised havoc with DRW vehicles, Thus JamieGeek's right-hand diagram seems to make more sense. Keep the rears wearing the same... cross front L-to-R, and replace in sets of two or four... unless they rot from age/UV destruction beforehand.
You’re not going to have much discrepancy in tire diameter, rotating them on a set schedule. That’s the whole point of rotating them around; keep consistent wear, without an abnormal pattern forming in the tread.

On an E-Series chassis, it’s absolutely critical to rotate, given the constant camber and toe changes of the TTB frontend. Only swapping them side-to-side, guarantees a chewed up set of front tires.