Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2022, 09:41 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Does a bear #2 in the woods?
Montana bears use out houses

Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:42 PM   #42

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Sure, but his poo don't pollute like human poo does.
Does Winnie the Poo go poo in the woods?
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:58 PM   #43

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
I know I've seen it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	y6a81-1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	403.1 KB
ID:	36123  
Old 02-13-2022, 11:11 PM   #44

THOR #20220
Like this???
Attached Images

Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 02-17-2022, 02:25 AM   #45
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
I purchase and always carry nitrate gloves. Use them for handling the sewer hose. Great for other things as well. Rebuild the valve. Lube the toilet sides and valve with Rain-X. Everything slides down and the valve works well. Also clean and use Happy Camper for the toilet and tank. Great for the gray water tank when you know you will have to change the valve. No odder. Gray water water smell worse then the black. Just to let all know if you never changed them.
Old 02-17-2022, 03:33 AM   #46

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
YUP !! AND They Consider Humans using Sleeping bags in tents to be the worlds best Burrito's.
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 04:08 AM   #47

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Nevada
THOR #13593
Sorry to say, you need to replace the pedestal part of the toilet. I had the same issue last trip. Dumb thing, the pedestal I received was a tall, they don't seem to have the standard short. My wife's feet are like 2ft off the floor when sitting on it. That's why it's my bathroom now We have 2, hers is the master bathroom
Old 02-17-2022, 11:12 AM   #48

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP View Post
I purchase and always carry nitrate gloves. Use them for handling the sewer hose. Great for other things as well. Rebuild the valve. Lube the toilet sides and valve with Rain-X. Everything slides down and the valve works well. Also clean and use Happy Camper for the toilet and tank. Great for the gray water tank when you know you will have to change the valve. No odder. Gray water water smell worse then the black. Just to let all know if you never changed them.
Which rain x?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220217-041201_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	36156  
Old 02-17-2022, 12:08 PM   #49
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Quote:
I came across this recipe to make our own Black/grey tank Cleaner/Lubricant. works great and way cheaper than Happy Camper. I use one of those Square, one gallon (Arizona) ice tea jugs to make it up.

We also take two 6 inch pieces of TP and make an cross over the opening before we go. That way you don't get any skid marks and everything stays clean.

Mix 40 ounces of Pine-Sol with enough water to just about fill a gallon jug. Top off with a half cup of Calgon Bath Beads. Use eight ounces in each tank (or more in especially hot weather or if your tanks will be filling up
slowly over time)

http://kleentank.com/downloads/Kleen...ion-recipe.pdf

https://kleentank.com/
Old 02-17-2022, 12:29 PM   #50

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
How do folks handle #2 at night and 10 degrees out?
We have used our indoor facilities since 1965

Unbelievable that people choose not to
Old 02-17-2022, 12:35 PM   #51

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Osborne View Post
Things got crazy and busy at the camp site and I am sorry I did not reply sooner. We came home early and I have had more time to work on this problem. First let me explain my situation better:

My RV is a Thor ACE 27.2 2017

The toilet is a Thetford Aqua Magic Style ii

When the pedal is depressed the ball does swing open and when the pedal returns to the top position the ball stays open. I can put on gloves and move it back and did that and added Thetford's seal lubricant in hopes it was just a dry seal. That did not work. After coming home my neighbor and i looked underneath and it appears the waste ball drive arm part#42048 is what is malfunctioning. Apparently that drive arm is out of stock everywhere. I checked Amazon, etrailer, even Camping World, and nobody has it. If there is a kit that includes it I would buy that, but I cannot find that either. If any of you know where to get it, I would love the help with that. We have some big trips coming up and if forced to I will buy a new unit, but I sure would rather spend $20-$40 to get the single part or kit to replace the broken part. Thanks again to everyone who have been so helpful. This supply chain thing is a pain in the butt. Any other suggestions welcome

If I have to replace Dometic or Thetford? Thoughts welcome.

Randy Osborne
Use epoxy if set screw is worn or something like PL8

Easy fix

And since we have both type toilets i would go back with what you have

Muvh simplier than having to push two buttons
Old 02-17-2022, 03:41 PM   #52

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
I came across this recipe to make our own Black/grey tank Cleaner/Lubricant. works great and way cheaper than Happy Camper. I use one of those Square, one gallon (Arizona) ice tea jugs to make it up.

We also take two 6 inch pieces of TP and make an cross over the opening before we go. That way you don't get any skid marks and everything stays clean.

Mix 40 ounces of Pine-Sol with enough water to just about fill a gallon jug. Top off with a half cup of Calgon Bath Beads. Use eight ounces in each tank (or more in especially hot weather or if your tanks will be filling up
slowly over time)

http://kleentank.com/downloads/Kleen...ion-recipe.pdf

https://kleentank.com/
Good deal DOLLAR store has pine sole $1
Old 02-17-2022, 03:44 PM   #53

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
I use the nitrate gloves too and I use my teeth to take the gloves off so my hands don't get dirty

Tags
toilet