Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2020, 05:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Utah
THOR #3257
Toilet Valve Not Shutting Off

We have a 2016 Thor Chateau 33'. Recently we noticed after you flush the toilet it continues to slowly add water to the bowl longer than it did in the past. Sometimes we have to pull up on the flush handle and then it shuts it off immediately. Has anyone every noticed that issue? Can just the flush step handle be replaced?

Old 11-14-2020, 06:45 PM   #2

Brand: DRV
Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
The step handle can be replaced but that's probably not the problem. The water valve it connects to can be removed, soaked in vinegar and reinstalled and that should solve the problem. Worked for us.

Bill
Old 11-15-2020, 02:57 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Depends on the model of toilet you have. On mine the inlet valve is attached to the back of the pedal. Mine leaked and I discovered that it is simple to unclip it and replace it entirely. $20 for factory part less than $10 for aftermarket. I bought two and carry a spare in my growing onboard bag of spares.