Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2016, 09:39 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 30.2
State: Washington
THOR #5063
Tornado rinse in Ace

Finally got some time to install my Tornado rinse in my Ace 30.2. After drilling a 1 3/4 inch hole I decided to look inside and noticed Mt Everest right where it drops into black tank. I haven't had toilet flushing issues like I've heard but I was probably going to sooner than later. I used a hose nozzle and blasted away at it until it broke all the way down. It would be great if we could come up with an access hole to check/maintain the tank. Maybe something like a barrel plug or a boat drain plug that seals when it in place. Any ideas out there let me know. Thanks

Old 12-31-2016, 09:46 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Ace, make sure you have plenty of water in your tank before using, prevents "Mount Everest" from forming. Using a tank rinsing wand once in a while is a good idea too.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:47 PM   #3
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Liquid is your friend in the black tank to keep 'Mt Everest' from forming... The Tornado rinser will definitely help as well.

The black tank valve should normally be kept closed - even when hooked up to sewer connection... When it fills - dump it, add new chemicals with fresh water and start over. We find with 2 of us - we typically dump black once a week... I close the gray the day before to collect some water... Dump black - run tornado rinser for a few minutes, close black, and open gray...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote