Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-15-2018, 06:18 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #10354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowiepa View Post
Thanks, i hope it doesnt happen again too. Could not say for sure what the root cause is for sure. I only had AC running. The tech said he has seen other less serious issues with this unit, which is why i was wondering if there was a recall or something.

I was able to get this fixed under warranty, thanks to "Naked Bear" RV Repair (Brian) in Front Royal, VA. They fixed the problem and took care of the warranty paperwork.
The air conditioner is probably the highest peak current device in the motorhome cycling the motor on and off according to the interior temperature requirement. Motor starting draws high current when starting and can be extremely high if the the motor attempts to restart when the refrigerant is already at high pressure (there is normally a delay relay that locks out the motor for a period of time when power is re-applied too quickly).

To check the electrical system in your motorhome at maximum stress, turn on your air conditioner, microwave, heater and move a slideout while plugged into shore power.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #42

Model: ACE 30.4
State: Florida
THOR #11670
😁👍👍🇺🇸
Old 07-15-2018, 03:27 PM   #43

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #6965
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmilla View Post
My problem charging problem resolved:
Turned out my intellitec battery disconnect solenoid had failed (18 months of operation) and needed to be replaced. Unfortunately, I had deep discharged my batteries several times before discovering that they were not taking a charge while on shore or generator. This is my first non-warranty item and it cost around $1,000 with the replacement batteries, the diagnostics and the eventual repair. The good news is that the dealership had me in and out in under a week in early July. Planning to test it all this coming week while off the grid camping….
Nancy
(I posted this message on 2 threads as I was looking for a solution to my problem on both;-)
Happy to hear that your problem was solved. I too replaced the house battery. Hope all works well for you! Happy camping!!

Tags
electrical, transfer switch