Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2019, 02:21 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I had read on a different forum about tipping them for better service.

The first time I went through a blue beacon....about half way through the wash I was invited inside to pay. At that point I'd only been waved into the bay so I had not been give an opportunity yet....so I got out & went inside the office with the guy that seemed to be the manager or lead guy that was asking what sort of services I wanted, leading me in, etc...anyway went inside to pay, then I slipped the lead guy a tip...maybe $20, I don't really remember.... he must have yelled out something because I noticed a remarkable uptick in the vigor those guys were using scrubbing & washing, and yelling little "whoops" cheering each other on, etc.....

They have a QC guy that does a walk around during the wash. It's such a commercial thing tips aren't as common as the person that details your personal car after the "tunnel wash". Some do, I have, and free money is always good. I used to take trucks through the BB on the way to equipment shows where it goes in a convention center center type event (RV Shows). I would let them know before hand, tip them and always got a little extra cleaning under fenders, etc.

Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote