Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2017, 07:14 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Vermont
THOR #7855
Tuscany 42RQ water bypass valve

I have a 2011 Thor Tuscany 42RQ and the fresh water bypass valve has started leaking into the holding tank. I am connected to fresh water with a pressure regulator at 45 psi. I noticed the other day that my freshwater tank was overflowing and it was empty a couple of days before. It has to be the bypass valve leaking past the seal into the tank. I can't really take the valve off till I have a replacement in hand as we are living in our RV now.

Anyone know the type of valve this is and where to get one?

Old 05-25-2018, 01:07 PM   #2

State: Illinois
THOR #2001
same question about water bypass valve

I have a 2015 thor miramar 34.1 with same problem. I park 6 mo full time with outside water source and water started leaking into main water tank as we were leaving.

Did you ever get a response to you question? Surely this problem is common enough to get some answers.

Please let me know what you did.

Thanks so much
Old 06-05-2018, 10:27 PM   #3

Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: Florida
THOR #7853
I got tired of messing with the one on our Challenger. I put a lever type shut off valve in the line between the pump and the water tank. (In the wet bay, close to the water pump.)

Open it when using the pump, keep it closed when on city water. Problem solved. [emoji41]

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 11:33 PM   #4

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
we've ran into this problem with our Anderson 4-way 'kantleak' valve, so I just installed an in-line cut-off valve between the suspect valve and the water tank. I keep it closed when I don't want the 'leak' to fill the tank, and open it when I do, or want to move to 'fill water tank' setting.
I find that allowing the 'leak' to slowly fill the tank while you can use all your facilities inside is much more pleasurable anyway. I then cut it off when it's near full.

the cut-off valve is the same type as behind your toilet at home... and easy handle to turn.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote