Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-03-2016, 03:04 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A. C. E. 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #1488
Windshield washer fuse?

The washer stopped working on our 2015 ACE 30.1 and I suspect the fuse is blown, actually hope it is because that is a cheap fix. The problem is I cannot find it, looked in the Ford owners manual and there is no windshield washer fuse listed. It does call out the windshield wiper fuse as #22 in the fuse box under the dash. I found the fuse box but it doesn't look like the diagram in the owners manual so I am at a loss.
I unplugged the wires from the washer motor and checked for voltage while pressing the "wash button." I got no voltage going to the switch and the terminals were quite corroded so my guess is the corrosion caused a heavier than normal amp load and this blew the fuse. I cleaned the terminals and will use some dielectric grease when I put everything back together. I have heard there has been a problem with the washer motor but nothing is going to work until it gets juice.
Any help finding the proper fuse or advice on looking at something different will be very appreciated. Jim.

Old 06-04-2016, 02:42 AM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #3609
I had to call Thor to find the correct fuse for the cigar lighter... The manuals were no help.
The tech new exactly where it was.
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 02:57 AM   #3

THOR #1052
I had a similar problem. No wash when depressed. Dealer replaced the pump, he stated they had a rash of them failing. As I recall it is a standard pump which can be had at Auto Zone for 12 bucks. Good luck in your hunt for voltage on your coach...
Old 06-04-2016, 11:41 AM   #4

THOR #1488
I will call Thor Monday and ask about the location of the fuse, not a big hurry. Thinking it may be covered by the Ford three year warranty but for a fuse or a $12 motor it will be a lot cheaper to do it myself instead of buying gas to get to the nearest dealer. Thanks, Jim.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:01 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04fxsts
I will call Thor Monday and ask about the location of the fuse, not a big hurry. Thinking it may be covered by the Ford three year warranty but for a fuse or a $12 motor it will be a lot cheaper to do it myself instead of buying gas to get to the nearest dealer. Thanks, Jim.
When the washer pump went on my Axis Thor shipped me the replacement unit under warranty and I replaced it myself.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 02:31 PM   #6

THOR #1488
Already out of warranty. Jim.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #7

State: Florida
THOR #1249
If your pump that is dead and is the same as the Axis-Vegas, I found a replacement at Advance Auto, part # ACI #172186. Can't remember the exact price, but was around $12-$14. Was over a year ago and still holding up. I think there was a bad batch of pumps installed. The replacement from Thor for my first pump failed, so I heeded the advice here and got another brand.
Good luck.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:48 PM   #8

THOR #1488
Thanks for the part number, took it to my local AutoZone and it will be here tomorrow. After tax it turned out to cost $20. but not a big deal.
I went out to test it again and it did have power to the pump when pushing the washer button. I called Thor and asked the customer service gentleman if he could give me a part number and he was cool. Said he didn't have that info but transferred me to the parts department. The lady there not so helpful, said she couldn't give me a part # for the pump because it was part of a sub-assembly. I finally got the part # of the assembly but even that was like pulling teeth. I must say she was the first less than positive experience I have had with Thor. Jim.
Old 08-18-2021, 04:30 PM   #9

Model: ACE 29.2
THOR #1406
GGGGGGjjjjjijijijpijpi

Got a similar problem. Are the Washer and Wipers on the same fuse?
Old 08-19-2021, 01:26 AM   #10

Model: ACE 30.4
State: West Virginia
THOR #8716
I assume since the thread is 5 years old but the last post was 8 hours ago that someone is still searching the Hinterland for a fuse. We have a 17 ACE 30.4 and it had a turn signal that was not working as a result of a self-inflicted short. Searched everywhere for the fuse and discovered that there is an additional fuse box above the one on the drivers side near the parking brake. That’s where several of the aux and accessory fuses for mine are located.
Old 08-23-2021, 02:35 PM   #11

Model: ACE 29.2
THOR #1406
Found Problem. See Pic. Red wire in upper right corner not making contact in fuse box. Simply pushed in in.[IMG]C:\Users\willi\Desktop[/IMG]
Old 08-23-2021, 02:52 PM   #12
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorRut View Post
Found Problem. See Pic. Red wire in upper right corner not making contact in fuse box. Simply pushed in in.[IMG]C:\Users\willi\Desktop[/IMG]
Can't post an image from your PC's desktop but you can add it as an Attachment. Use the paperclip in the advanced editor.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote