Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-21-2022, 10:28 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #26161
under dash fuse panel

Hey all,
I have a 2018 Thor ACE 29.3. I'm trying to hardwire a tpms system into the fuse panel under the dash on the drivers side, there is a spare fuse space available, anyone know how to crack that thing open to get wires into it? It's a tough space to get to, which I was able to, but I didn't see any screws or anyway to get behind the fuses once I opened the door. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

C

Old 05-22-2022, 09:57 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I see Beau388 has assisted you with this one, in another post, but just wanted to add that you might also be able to use a “fuse tap” device to literally parallel an existing “appropriate fuse position” in an interior under dash fuse panel to feed your new load; along with the existing fuse load you tap into. Consideration for fusing the two loads; which fuse position is available and best to use (switched, always powered) etc., must be determined. Of course this assumes you can get access to the existing fuses (cover removal) and know their assignments.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=fuse+taps&ref=nav_bb_sb

Tags
ace 29.3 fuse panel, dash fuse panel, how to open fuse panel