Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2020, 08:51 PM   #1
DDK

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: South Dakota
THOR #21568
Thor Four Winds 31W Rear Heating Duct Damaged by Pipe

Good day,

I'm trying to figure out if I am the only one with this problem or if it exists in every 31W. I noticed that the rear heating vent wasn't pushing as much air as the other vents. I removed the panel next to the vent and noticed that the greywater pipe shredded the heating duct. After some quick troubleshooting, I realized that the greywater pipe pushes against the heating duct when the slide is pushed out.

There are a couple of issues with the location of the greywater pipe and the heating duct that, in my opinion, makes it impossible to repair. When the slide is pushed out, the greywater pipe moves to the middle of the vent. If I were to patch the heating duct, it would be shredded the next time the slide is pushed out.

There is another issue with how the greywater pipe was installed. The elbow pipe is way too high. Besides being the reason why the duct is damaged, it causes a sag in the greywater line. Greywater is depositing in that sag.

Any suggestions on what to do here? Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Would pictures help?

DDK

Old 12-20-2020, 04:58 PM   #2

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Sounds similar to an issue I have with my Heartland Landmark a few years back

Changed the plumbing and used a flexible fitting and rerouted the heat duct
Old 12-21-2020, 06:01 AM   #3
DDK

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: South Dakota
THOR #21568
Thank you for the information. I had a feeling like you were going to say something like that.

I can probably reroute the duct. Looks like I'll need to find a plumber to fix the pipe.