Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-13-2021, 02:06 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: West Virginia
THOR #21234
Upstream o2 sensor location?

Getting a "P2198 o2 sensor signal stuck rich bank 2 sensor 1" code, and am wondering where this o2 sensor is located, and if it is easy to get to?

Old 04-13-2021, 03:00 AM   #2

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Passenger side of engine, it is the O2 sensor before the catalytic convertor.. could be right after the exhaust manifold or in the manifold itself. Will it be easy to get to? possibly, either reach it from under the RV or remove the dog house to get at it.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:48 PM   #3

THOR #21234
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
Passenger side of engine, it is the O2 sensor before the catalytic convertor.. could be right after the exhaust manifold or in the manifold itself. Will it be easy to get to? possibly, either reach it from under the RV or remove the dog house to get at it.
Are you sure it is the passenger side? Everything I am seeing says it should be drivers side, as cylinder 1 is on the passenger side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6_82.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	29772  
Old 04-14-2021, 03:20 AM   #4

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxialFlux View Post
Are you sure it is the passenger side? Everything I am seeing says it should be drivers side, as cylinder 1 is on the passenger side.
Yes you're correct. I apologize for that, my brain was in GM mode.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:32 AM   #5

Model: freedom elite 24he
State: Alabama
THOR #21327
I had a p2098 code and replaced the sensor on the driver side.

It wasn't too bad but needed some crazy arm contortions to get it. I drove up on ramps and had plenty of room to work.

Crow's foot wrench is helpful and I had to cut the old wiring because I couldn't get it apart to unscrew. The new one was fine though, no splicing needed.

If you've done under vehicle maintenance before you can handle it. It's way behind the doghouse.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:34 AM   #6

THOR #21234
Replaced the sensor, but still getting the same code. but I'm also showing random misfires in cyl 4 and 6. Thinking this was a coil issue, I swapped coils for cyl 4 and 3, but am still showing misfires on 4. I pulled the plug for cyl 4, and it had a lot of carbon buildup, so I decided to just replace all of the plugs in hopes it was a plug issue. Oddly, that was the only plug out of the 10 that looked suspect, all the others looked normal. The other things I have done is clean the MAF sensor, and replace the air filter, as it was looking quite grungy.

I honestly do not know what else to check here. All of my research on the v10 leads to coils going bad, but that should've made itself known when I swapped them.

If anyone is good at reading diagnostic reports, I'll enclose the one my reader pulled.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2021-04-13 full stat.pdf (303.3 KB, 12 views)