Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2018, 11:17 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 22fe
State: North Carolina
THOR #11657
valve extensions

Okay so I ordered the correct fix for the valve stems I can't get to on my Thor Freedom Elite 22EF. The ford dealer said he would put them on for me so that is a good thing SO in the meantime I thought I would get some extensions to just at least let me check the tire pressure since the front two were at 60 psi cold not 80 psi cold (this is a new unit onl y a week old). The one rear tire I checked was also at 60 psi cold. So I need to be able to check the pressure and adjust as needed. The extensions I found at Auto Zone but the long one for the back tire has a bolt sort of end. I have no idea of how to get a wrench on it to tighten it down. Any help?

Doc

Old 05-22-2018, 12:16 AM   #2

State: Illinois
THOR #5112
i made a wrench for inner duels and the long extension nut.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:25 AM   #3

Model: 22FE
State: New York
THOR #5330
I also have the Freedom Elite 22, I had the extensions on the rear but could never get them NOT to leak, so I went to Flying J truck stop and bought an air chuck that is straight push on, no bend on the end, that took care of checking the rears, for putting air in, I went to Napa and purchased a straight push on air chuck. Problem solved for probably $25 dollars for both of the items and no more leaks.