Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2016, 04:11 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kansas
THOR #3133
Leveler for 22FE Freedom Elite Class C

Greetings all!
I have been researching in many locations about what is the best leveler to use for my 22FE class c motor home. (I do not have auto leveling...manual leveling is my only option)

The problem I am having is finding a leveler that is wide enough to meet the width of my LT225/75R16 tires. I do not want to damage my tires by having 1/2 to 1 inch of tire hanging off the sides of the leveling device.

I have looked at the Anderson level/wheel chock....5.5 inches wide and $50 each (would need to purchase a minimum of 3). Also, the slanted levelers at Camping World are 5.5 inches wide, but $38 for two.

I am currently using the "lego blocks" to build up to the height I need to be level. These blocks work well, but, when on a gravel surface, the blocks tend to "break". Also, the blocks are time consuming when setting up.

FYI...when leveling I place the leveling blocks under both tires on the side I am leveling. Putting them under only one tire could cause major damage.

Any advice you can provide to me would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-12-2016, 10:40 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: Florida
THOR #940
I have a Freedom Elite 28H and had the Bigfoot Auto Leveling system (QEI-4) installed a few months back and love it. Makes it so much easier when I just have to push a button. There are other systems out there but after much research I decided on the Bigfoot. They are a bit pricey but in my opinion they are worth every penny if you move around a lot.