Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2022, 11:44 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alaska
THOR #25945
Vegas 25.2 Don’t know where Water is Coming from

I have a 2015 been finding water on the floor under the cabinet in the bathroom with the sink. The shelf under the sink is dry. When the temperatures drop to freezing and/or raining I find the water on the floor. Nowhere else in the RV is there any water. The backwall of the cabinet is where it’s coming from. It then leaks out into the hallway/kitchen. I checked the other side of the wall where all the plumbing and water connections are and that area is completely dry. My thinking is there is a leak on the roof and the water is coming from there.

Old 02-09-2022, 09:51 AM   #2

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Roof. Check entire roof & seal
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 02:47 PM   #3

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37K
State: Virginia
THOR #12448
Vegas 25.2 Don’t know where Water is Coming from

Also check the tops of your windows. My old rig had both poor foam seals/gaskets and anemic sealant laid over top of that. Water was apparently entering at the top of the window, running down the wall, across the floor and dripping out of a cable hole in the middle of the slide. It went completely away once I added some sealant across the top of the window.

You can use a plastic coffee stirrer to probe across the top of the window to look for gaps in both to confirm.

I used Geocel Proflex RV sealant in clear for this. Make sure you view some videos on its application before using it and have some mineral spirits and shop towels handy. It’s a great product which does its job well, but not too forgiving as it skins over very quickly. A small hole (1/8” or less) in the tube end, and not over-applying are key.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/C...VAWVWIWYsm.jpg
TheDustyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 03:09 PM   #4

State: Alaska
THOR #25945
Don’t think it’s the windows as the floor is dry on the other side of the walls. The other side has the jackknife sofa and all the plumbing coming in and dispersed thru out. It is all dry.
Old 02-10-2022, 09:56 AM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Europe
THOR #9936
I had something similar, pipework under sink and cupboards was dry, but cupboard under the sink was wet and it ran under the wall so the floor at the oven was wet. After a bit of searching it turned out to be the pipework near the pump was loose...