Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-23-2019, 03:05 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
Posts: 11
THOR #6282
Vegas 25.4 GFCI

I have searched the Forum but unable to find the answer...

I have a 2016 Vegas 25.4. My question, Is there more than 1 GFCI outlet that has the reset button?

I donít have power next to the stove, the outlet mounted below the cabinet above the sink. No power in the stairwell, and no power at the outlet in the front passenger outlet.

The GFCI located next to the bathroom sink works fine. I have reset that outlet no luck. The GFCI circuit breaker below the bed has not tripped (reset anyway).

Any other outlets hidden that may have a reset button?

Thank you!
__________________

__________________
cable2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 04:26 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
Posts: 652
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by cable2112 View Post
I have searched the Forum but unable to find the answer...

I have a 2016 Vegas 25.4. My question, Is there more than 1 GFCI outlet that has the reset button?

I donít have power next to the stove, the outlet mounted below the cabinet above the sink. No power in the stairwell, and no power at the outlet in the front passenger outlet.

The GFCI located next to the bathroom sink works fine. I have reset that outlet no luck. The GFCI circuit breaker below the bed has not tripped (reset anyway).

Any other outlets hidden that may have a reset button?

Thank you!
Outside outlet is GFI protected. Ground level storage bins are GFI protected and a good place to look. I Have heard of a 2nd GFI outlet in the bathroom hiding around a corner or in a cab.
__________________

__________________
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.
cavie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 04:47 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
Posts: 11
THOR #6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Outside outlet is GFI protected. Ground level storage bins are GFI protected and a good place to look. I Have heard of a 2nd GFI outlet in the bathroom hiding around a corner or in a cab.


That is what I have been seeing online also. Unable to find anything, itís driving me nuts...
__________________
cable2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 05:25 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 8,479
THOR #1150
Have you downloaded Ed's excellent crowd sourced Axis/Vegas owner's manual:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html

May have something on that.

In addition have you logged into Thor's Owner's Resources page with your VIN and downloaded all your diagrams? (Including electrical)?
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 05:33 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
Posts: 11
THOR #6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Have you downloaded Ed's excellent crowd sourced Axis/Vegas owner's manual:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html

May have something on that.

In addition have you logged into Thor's Owner's Resources page with your VIN and downloaded all your diagrams? (Including electrical)?
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/


Thank you for this information!
__________________
cable2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 06:15 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
Posts: 652
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by cable2112 View Post
That is what I have been seeing online also. Unable to find anything, itís driving me nuts...
Trip the GFI you found and see if all the places I mentioned go out. If they do then you only have one.
__________________
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.
cavie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:53 AM   #7
Member
 
BYoshida's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Virginia
Posts: 88
THOR #13067
On our 24.1, the outlet by the passenger seat is also a gfci switch
__________________
Yoshida
2018 Thor Vegas 24.1
Northern Virginia
BYoshida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:38 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
Posts: 11
THOR #6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Trip the GFI you found and see if all the places I mentioned go out. If they do then you only have one.


Thanks for the tip. Those outlets are out also, maybe one of the outlets went bad?

May have to hire someone one to trace this out.
__________________
cable2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:38 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
Posts: 11
THOR #6282
Just an update. Had an electrician come out to the camp ground, he called Thorís tech support. Apparently there is only 1 GFCI reset for the 25.4, and come to find out Thor doesnít have any schematics at all.

He pulled apart all the outlets that he could see. The issue appears to be with the common, unfortunately he was unable to find the problem.

Looks like when I get home, I will be removing some cabinets to find a junction box, and repair or just re-wire from scratch.

Will post a pic of the issue once I find it. Thanks for the tips.
__________________
cable2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:11 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
Posts: 652
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by cable2112 View Post
Just an update. Had an electrician come out to the camp ground, he called Thor’s tech support. Apparently there is only 1 GFCI reset for the 25.4, and come to find out Thor doesn’t have any schematics at all.

He pulled apart all the outlets that he could see. The issue appears to be with the common, unfortunately he was unable to find the problem.

Looks like when I get home, I will be removing some cabinets to find a junction box, and repair or just re-wire from scratch.

Will post a pic of the issue once I find it. Thanks for the tips.

NO NO NO. Don't start tearing things apart. There will be no hidden j-boxes. There will be a j-box involved IF one of the outlets is in a slide. The wire must transform from Romex to flexible cord. The j-box for this will usually be outside underneath the coach.

Start with the Main 120 volt circuit breaker box. Check for voltage at the 15 amp breaker labeled GFI While you are there tighten ALL wire connections. Turn off the power first. Next go to the bathroom GFI outlet. Turn off the power. Remove the outlet from the wall. Turn power back on. Check for power in and power out. It is written on the outlet. This is the only outlet that does that. The other outlets don't have in and out connections. They look different and have concealed connections. They are daisy changed. If power in and out then stand there and visualize the nearest outlet. Pull the outlet and check for voltage. Visualize the next nearest outlet and so forth. Remember you are looking for non-working outlets within 6' of a water source and any outlets in ground level storage.
__________________
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.
cavie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:53 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
Posts: 11
THOR #6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
NO NO NO. Don't start tearing things apart. There will be no hidden j-boxes. There will be a j-box involved IF one of the outlets is in a slide. The wire must transform from Romex to flexible cord. The j-box for this will usually be outside underneath the coach.

Start with the Main 120 volt circuit breaker box. Check for voltage at the 15 amp breaker labeled GFI While you are there tighten ALL wire connections. Turn off the power first. Next go to the bathroom GFI outlet. Turn off the power. Remove the outlet from the wall. Turn power back on. Check for power in and power out. It is written on the outlet. This is the only outlet that does that. The other outlets don't have in and out connections. They look different and have concealed connections. They are daisy changed. If power in and out then stand there and visualize the nearest outlet. Pull the outlet and check for voltage. Visualize the next nearest outlet and so forth. Remember you are looking for non-working outlets within 6' of a water source and any outlets in ground level storage.


Thanks, I will start with that approach when I get back home.
__________________
cable2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 08:03 PM   #12
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 25.4
State: California
Posts: 79
THOR #7440
I agree with Cavie, I have a 2017 Axis 25.4, I had a few outlets that were hit an miss so I pulled them all out and trashed them an replaced with good commercial/industrial grade outlets, the outlets Thor used are junk and not a good idea on something that is going down the road vibrating, you will find 90% of electrical problems are due to bad connections at the outlet or the breaker box, GFI outlets go bad some times, after I changed out all my outlets I checked all the wire connections in the breaker box and found several ones loose, the only junction box in my coach is under the bottom cushion of the back dinette seat for the slide
__________________
BASSMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:47 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
Posts: 11
THOR #6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSMAN View Post
I agree with Cavie, I have a 2017 Axis 25.4, I had a few outlets that were hit an miss so I pulled them all out and trashed them an replaced with good commercial/industrial grade outlets, the outlets Thor used are junk and not a good idea on something that is going down the road vibrating, you will find 90% of electrical problems are due to bad connections at the outlet or the breaker box, GFI outlets go bad some times, after I changed out all my outlets I checked all the wire connections in the breaker box and found several ones loose, the only junction box in my coach is under the bottom cushion of the back dinette seat for the slide


I plan on replacing all the outlets also this weekend. Thanks for the info!
__________________
cable2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:42 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
Posts: 652
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by cable2112 View Post
I plan on replacing all the outlets also this weekend. Thanks for the info!
If your gonna install standard outlets you will have to install boxes. Lots of work.
__________________

__________________
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.
cavie is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×