Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-25-2022, 10:10 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Vegas 25.6 - 4 defrost vents

While driving through Raton NM. Lora noticed the far right passenger vent had more air than the other three vents?
Is this something a novice could adjust?
I have an oil change Friday at Jim and Traci in Montana.
I could also have them look adjust ?
Thanks

Old 08-25-2022, 11:18 AM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
I doubt if the air flow is easily adjustable. Thor isn't the best at building chassis HVAC systems. You could install a permanent baffle restricting the high flow vent to push air to the others.

David
Old 08-25-2022, 10:37 PM   #3

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
I doubt if the air flow is easily adjustable. Thor isn't the best at building chassis HVAC systems. You could install a permanent baffle restricting the high flow vent to push air to the others.

David
Good idea will look into thanks
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 05:59 PM   #4

State: Texas
THOR #25694
defrost vents

i had to do some adjusting on my defrosters. i have a 25.6 2022. the way thor put mine together is very bad. i had to take out the little desk and open the ply wood to get at the battery to put water in it. thor said it is mantance free thats BS. i found the defroster box was barely hooked up. hard to explain but i used the hvac tape to fill the holes. found one of the tube full of water fixed that to.

as was said its a hobby you work on offen. i hope your battery is better than mine
Old 08-26-2022, 07:41 PM   #5

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by push toy View Post
i had to do some adjusting on my defrosters. i have a 25.6 2022. the way thor put mine together is very bad. i had to take out the little desk and open the ply wood to get at the battery to put water in it. thor said it is mantance free thats BS. i found the defroster box was barely hooked up. hard to explain but i used the hvac tape to fill the holes. found one of the tube full of water fixed that to.

as was said its a hobby you work on offen. i hope your battery is better than mine

2020 mh and battery holding charge.
Will deep dive vents
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 09:39 PM   #6

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #21919
It's more likely the supply hoses from evaporator housing to vents are kinked or crushed, restricting air flow to some vents.