Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2016, 06:38 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #4179
Vegas Water Pump

I have closed my drain line and filled my fresh water tank, and have turned on the water pump, opened my faucets; however I am not getting any water flow. I have let the pump run for more than 30 minutes (can hear it running) but still no running water. Any ideas?

Old 05-11-2016, 06:51 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Do you have the hot and cold water valves in the correct position? If you have the 24.1, they are next to the water tank under the starboard bed.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:57 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Are you not getting any water flow at all or only on the hot side?
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:32 PM   #4

THOR #1249
Check you water strainer in suction line to your pump. It may be clogged with plastic shaving or chips. Mine had a lot of chips clogging the strainer. Very easy to remove the top and clean it.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:39 AM   #5

THOR #4179
I am not getting any water at all to the pump. I've opened every panel, tried every valve in multiple combinations and still no water. I removed the strainer next to the pump and it was clean. While I had the strainer off, I turned on the pump and have suction on the pipe side, so there must be a problem between the tank and the strainer or some stashed away, obscure valve that I am missing. P.s. My tank is full. Lol
Old 05-12-2016, 07:18 AM   #6

THOR #1765
Or a problem with the pump itself. I had to replace mine early on in my 2014 Vegas. Disconnect the line to the pump and see if there is any water there. Could be the motor is still running, but the diaphragm is not pumping.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:54 AM   #7
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by UX108 View Post
I am not getting any water at all to the pump. I've opened every panel, tried every valve in multiple combinations and still no water. I removed the strainer next to the pump and it was clean. While I had the strainer off, I turned on the pump and have suction on the pipe side, so there must be a problem between the tank and the strainer or some stashed away, obscure valve that I am missing. P.s. My tank is full. Lol
Do you have a winterization kit installed on your unit? If so check the winterization valve. If the kit is installed the pump may be trying to suck antifreeze from a jug rather than trying to suck water from the tank because that valve is in the 'bypass" position.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:54 AM   #8
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
If you have a full water tank and you took the top of the strainer off you should have got water all over everything (the pressure from the water in the tank should have forced the water out of the strainer).

This would indicate a clog somewhere between the tank and the strainer. You could also try to open the valve for the winterization port and force water in that way with a hose--you may push the clog back into the water tank.

The other option would be to drain the tank and then disassemble the piping from the tank to the strainer--if you have a 24.1 this would be pretty easy as its only about 18" of pipe, a T and a shutoff valve for the winterization port.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:06 AM   #9

THOR #4179
Resolved

I pulled into a Camping World shop and it took two service repairmen to trace the lines and locate yet another hidden valve located behind the screwed in access panel below the shower, hidden by the heating ductwork. The valve is to close the line between the freshwater tank and pump during winterization. I'd think it be common sense to locate the valve behind the screwed in access panel alongside the pump. Of course the owner's manual is useless and mentions nothing about any valve locations. Thankfully my maiden voyage was saved. Thank you all for your posts and help.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:55 PM   #10

THOR #1765
That is a new one.. I've been under there in my old Vegas, when I modified my shower enclosure, and didn't notice any valve. I will have to look at my new Axis.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:17 PM   #11

Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Probably one of those rare 24.2 models
Old 05-25-2016, 01:07 AM   #12

THOR #4179
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCreek View Post
Probably one of those rare 24.2 models
Yes it is a 2015 24.2. Since you mention it as rare, do you know what if anything is different from a 24.1? I had thought it was in regards to the overall length of 24ft 2in
Old 05-25-2016, 01:15 AM   #13
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by UX108
Yes it is a 2015 24.2. Since you mention it as rare, do you know what if anything is different from a 24.1? I had thought it was in regards to the overall length of 24ft 2in
The big difference is the floorplan. The 24.2 puts the kitchen and bath in the rear and the 24.1 has the beds in the back. I'd guess that the .2 vs .1 doesn't denote length, but the 2nd model in the Axis/Vegas line. (Despite the fact that the 24.1 is 25' 6" and the 24.2 is 25' 11".)

Looking at your floorplan I'd guess that all of your interior "parts" are in a different location than the 24.1 (Fresh water tank, waste tanks, water heater, furnace, etc.).

I had always thought the 24.2 would make an excellent tailgating unit with all the extra kitchen space, and the two large TVs inside (both visible to the main cabin).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:41 AM   #14

THOR #4179
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
The big difference is the floorplan. The 24.2 puts the kitchen and bath in the rear and the 24.1 has the beds in the back. I'd guess that the .2 vs .1 doesn't denote length, but the 2nd model in the Axis/Vegas line. (Despite the fact that the 24.1 is 25' 6" and the 24.2 is 25' 11".)

Looking at your floorplan I'd guess that all of your interior "parts" are in a different location than the 24.1 (Fresh water tank, waste tanks, water heater, furnace, etc.).

I had always thought the 24.2 would make an excellent tailgating unit with all the extra kitchen space, and the two large TVs inside (both visible to the main cabin).
Thanks for explaining. In regards to entertaining, I just submitted another post about how to use my dash radio/DVDs player and how to display it on my tv(s).