Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2015, 09:10 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #1812
Vegas wiper blades

Anyone have a good part number for Vegas wiper blades? Got some from Camping World and the "J" hook attachment was too narrow. Trico has HD blades with wider J hooks, but have two numbers: 67-324 and 67-321 ???

Old 04-13-2015, 10:07 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Need new blades already?
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:19 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Tennessee
THOR #1434
I've had a problem with the wipers clearing rain. Took to CW and they adjusted wiper arms but service advisor said they still don't completly clear the line of vision on the drivers side. His comment was, that's the best it's gonna get. Also had to have the windshield replaced due to stress cracks starting under the molding half way up windshield on drivers side. I've been waiting 6 weeks for the repair. Took four weeks to get windshield and now CW has been looking for a glass company to install it for 2 weeks. CW just sucks. Called Thor customer relations and left message asking for assistance in getting CW off their butt but no callback. Who's worse factory or their dealers??
Old 04-14-2015, 12:53 AM   #4

THOR #1812
Yeah, the wipers have been in Atlanta sun for a year, and have taken a set-ends touch the w/s but center doesn't. I have switched them side to side, which helps somewhat....!
Old 04-14-2015, 12:57 AM   #5

THOR #1812
My issue sounds like Tomspen-drivers side . A lot of curvature on that side..... Another design issue ???
Old 04-14-2015, 02:29 AM   #6

State: Colorado
THOR #1327
Tomspen,

Your description of the crack in your windshield sounds like the very same one on mine. I thought it might have been from a rock on our last trip?? Could it be a weak spot in the windshield being used on all Axis? I have filed a claim with State Farm and they are looking for a company to replace it under my insurance policy. Someone told me it would cost almost $5,000 to do so. Luckily I have a "zero" deductible policy.

Evergreen49
Old 04-14-2015, 03:41 PM   #7

State: Georgia
THOR #1123
I had a 10 to 12 inch rather deep scratch or cut in mine on the driver's side at about eye level when I picked mine up from the dealer. Just figured it was caused by poor handling of the windshield either at the factory or in shipping. Had to be taken to a glass shop there in Elkhart to have the cut taken out. Am wondering now if that could have been a stress fracture causing it.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:14 PM   #8

State: New Jersey
THOR #1592
axis windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I had a 10 to 12 inch rather deep scratch or cut in mine on the driver's side at about eye level when I picked mine up from the dealer. Just figured it was caused by poor handling of the windshield either at the factory or in shipping. Had to be taken to a glass shop there in Elkhart to have the cut taken out. Am wondering now if that could have been a stress fracture causing it.
I have a 6 inch crack in the middle of my windshield on the drivers side eminating from the rubber moulding and turning upward I hope Thor makes good on it Waiting to hear from the dealer it is definitely stress related no stone chips or stars I filled it with glass repair kit hoping that it will not crack anymore 5000 To replace seems a little ridiculous!
Old 04-25-2015, 06:40 PM   #9

State: Tennessee
THOR #1434
CW just finished the replacement of my windshield for the stress cracks. These cracks appeare to be an issue with the Axis and Vegas. Thor took care of it under warranty no question asked. Actually talked to Thor Customer Service because it took 4 weeks to get parts. Rep said they are replacing a lot of windshields.

Larry and Evergreen it sounds like your problems should be covered under warranty. Call Thor Cust Serv and talk to Tom Overton at Ext 2079. He'll help you with the problem.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:51 PM   #10

THOR #1327
Thanks. Thor is stepping up to plate and replacing the windshield under warranty. hurray!!
Old 04-26-2015, 12:51 AM   #11

THOR #1592
I have to take my 2015 axis back to the dealer this week for more pics of the windshield requested by Thor.Dealer feels as though they are going to cover it.I've only owned this Axis for 2 months and been back to the dealer for warranty issues 3 times.They have all been taken care of but I haven't even been on a trip yet!I've only driven it about 150 miles so far,luckily the dealer is only 20 or so miles away!PS I'm glad I purchased the 5year extended warranty.I still like the Axis ,hope it holds up as long as my payments!!!
Old 05-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #12

THOR #1592
Update,Took my Axis to the Dealer for more pictures of the crack in my windshield.Rec ieved a call from dealer today, Thor is covering it under warranty!So far my dealer and Thor have come through with all of my warranty issues.I would buy from both again!!!
Old 05-02-2015, 12:07 AM   #13
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
That's great!
Old 05-02-2015, 12:19 AM   #14

State: Florida
THOR #1713
Vegas 25.2 cracked winshield

I've got multiple cracks on both left side and right side of windshield. Waiting to hear back from Thor. It has been about 9 days.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:58 AM   #15
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
These windshield cracking issues seem to be a new thing with the Axis/Vegas units. I wonder if Thor changed vendors or their window vendor changed something.

Haven't noticed issues like this with the earlier ones...knocking on wood. So far we have about 5500 miles on our unit with no visible cracks in the windshield.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:55 AM   #16

THOR #1327
Yes, it seems that most Axis/Vegas built during a certain time period will get stress cracks. I witness the removal of mine today and there was no glue on the drivers side of the windshield which caused the crack. There is vibration from the wind without proper glue or sealant. Mine was covered under warranty. Thor stands behind their products I am assured.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:41 PM   #17

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Arkansas
THOR #3744
Wiper Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan fowler View Post
Anyone have a good part number for Vegas wiper blades? Got some from Camping World and the "J" hook attachment was too narrow. Trico has HD blades with wider J hooks, but have two numbers: 67-324 and 67-321 ???
Did you ever find replacement blades? My 2016 Axis 25.3 is in need of new blades and I cannot find the 29.5 inch blades any where.

Vince
Old 03-15-2016, 09:58 PM   #18

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...pers-3424.html. Check that thread. Has the manuf & contact info for Axis wiprr blades -- same as Vegas
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:03 PM   #19

THOR #1812
We finally found some - at Camping world. Don't have the part number- just take the old blade in and match it.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:11 PM   #20

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Arkansas
THOR #3744
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...pers-3424.html. Check that thread. Has the manuf & contact info for Axis wiprr blades -- same as Vegas
The link is for 32" blades and my Axis has 29 1/2" blades. I may have to go down to 28" blades, which I can find on Amazon.