Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2021, 02:13 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane
State: Florida
THOR #9981
Velvarc mirror camera

I need to replace the camera in the passenger mirror on my 34J. Is there a simple way to do this or do I need to completely remove the mirror and disassemble? Any help would be appreciated

Old 06-07-2021, 02:30 PM   #2

Model: 2014 Hurricane 34E
State: Alabama
THOR #6181
I had trouble once on my Velvac mirrors back a while but if I remember correctly there was some good info on their website. Wit instructions to do different things. Thx, Dennis.
Old 06-07-2021, 10:32 PM   #3

THOR #9981
I have looked on their site and don’t really see any instructions. I have sent them an email hopefully they reply.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:18 PM   #4

THOR #6181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa.bankie View Post
I have looked on their site and don’t really see any instructions. I have sent them an email hopefully they reply.
Well not sure then where I got these but maybe they match what u have. Thx, Dennis
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Velvac 2020 clearcam owners manual.pdf (270.4 KB, 74 views)
File Type: pdf Velvac 2020 wiring ford.pdf (177.1 KB, 51 views)
Old 06-08-2021, 06:50 PM   #5

THOR #9981
Looks different to the one on my coach but has some similarities. Will try looking on the Velvac site again as I could not find anything like that.
Old 06-09-2021, 12:47 AM   #6

THOR #9981
Budman looking at your attachments and something similar on the Velvac site I think I should be able to figure it out, so going to attempt it tomorrow. I talked with the tech at Velvac he said camera is not replaceable and I need to buy the complete mirror head. Don’t know why it’s not replaceable, the sold me the replacement, he repeated that it’s not replaceable. Guess I’ll find out tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2021, 03:12 PM   #7

THOR #6181
Quote:
Budman looking at your attachments and something similar on the Velvac site I think I should be able to figure it out, so going to attempt it tomorrow. I talked with the tech at Velvac he said camera is not replaceable and I need to buy the complete mirror head. Don’t know why it’s not replaceable, the sold me the replacement, he repeated that it’s not replaceable. Guess I’ll find out tomorrow.
That's strange, they tell you it's not replaceable but sell u a replacement??? Wow. Good luck, Dennis
Old 04-06-2022, 11:24 PM   #8

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
How did things go on your mirror/camera fix?
Old 04-07-2022, 12:09 AM   #9

THOR #9981
I purchased a camera similar to the one that was in the mirror, not the same. Completely took the mirror apart and replaced camera, it was doable but was a real PIA, end result was it did not really work. Ended up buying a complete mirror from Pacific Mirror. The picture on the screen is so clear that if it wasn’t so expensive I would replace the other.

Tags
camera, mirror, passenger mirror