Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2018, 09:31 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #12436
2017 Thor ACE 30.2 ssues

Hello everyone! Im currently on a nice weekender and on the ride down I noticed a few things. I got creaking from the front suspension and a clicking or clanking noise on the front passenger side. We drove through a rain storm and later on I began feeling a drip hit my right foot while it was on the gas pedal. The wind noise is pretty loud as it is but when it rains, i get a loud whistling howling noise. Has anyone experienced this? Needless to say I'm not at all happy. Any thoughts?

Iggy from Massachusetts

Old 07-29-2018, 10:26 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
There are a lot of posts about the whistling coming from the ACE grill work. My ACE has the squire grill work, and when driving in the rain the whistle was a very high pitch noise. Thor has a replacement grill that solves the problem, or makes it better. I called Thor they sent me the replacement type grill, it was not much more than a screen. In stead on removing the old and replacing with the new, I just put the new grill in back of the old. Yes I still get some wind and rain noise but not the high pitch as before.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:38 PM   #3

THOR #12436
Thanks for the input. So you called Thor directly, explained your issue and they sent the part to you?
Old 07-31-2018, 02:19 AM   #4

Model: ACE 30.2
THOR #8180
I went to Customcargrills.com and got a piece of black expanded metal ($106) to cut to size and zip-tied it behind the stock grill on my 30.2. It eliminated the whistle noise and is invisible. I have the same grill as you. The drip on your foot? No clue but I would look at the top wind shield seal, the roof cap to make sure it's sealed properly and the roof for any punctures. If it was very humid, as it's been here in eastern MA it could even be condensation from a vent under the dash if you were running the front AC.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:18 AM   #5

THOR #12436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnemarc View Post
I went to Customcargrills.com and got a piece of black expanded metal ($106) to cut to size and zip-tied it behind the stock grill on my 30.2. It eliminated the whistle noise and is invisible. I have the same grill as you. The drip on your foot? No clue but I would look at the top wind shield seal, the roof cap to make sure it's sealed properly and the roof for any punctures. If it was very humid, as it's been here in eastern MA it could even be condensation from a vent under the dash if you were running the front AC.
Thanks man. I just took a look at the website. They have a few styles. Which one did you use?
Old 07-31-2018, 04:23 AM   #6

THOR #8180
Tomorrow after work i'll look thru my receipts and give you the part# and style and dimension I ordered. I had to trim 8-10" or so.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:12 AM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
Yes I just called Thor and talked to customer service about the problem. It did take alittle work to get them to send a replacement out but in the end they did.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:02 PM   #8

THOR #8180
2017 Thor ACE 30.2 ssues

This is what I got from Customcargrills:

DetailsNameUnit PriceQuantityTotal
Perf_Hex_B24. 24in. x 60in. Perforated Hex Grill Mesh Sheet - Gloss Black$109.99
Old 08-21-2018, 05:29 PM   #9

THOR #12436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnemarc View Post
This is what I got from Customcargrills:

DetailsNameUnit PriceQuantityTotal
Perf_Hex_B24. 24in. x 60in. Perforated Hex Grill Mesh Sheet - Gloss Black$109.99
Thanks I appreciate it.