Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2019, 04:15 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Idaho
THOR #11367
Vent Fan... where is fuse?

Good morning, we're on the road with our doggie in Arizona. Like using this main van fan(over kitchen/living area) to move air, but its not working. We're in a 2018 Thor Windsport 34p. Any ideas? Can't find the fuse for this. Already tested all the fuses under the bed. Thanks! Click image for larger version

Name:	20190313_090716.jpeg
Views:	335
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	16172

Old 03-13-2019, 06:15 PM   #2

Model: FourWinds SK 35
State: Virginia
THOR #4706
Seems to me it would be a 12 volt fuse in the panel maybe with lights
Old 03-13-2019, 06:27 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
May be the sensor that shuts it down if the vent is not open.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:35 PM   #4
lug

Model: ACE 32.1
State: Michigan
THOR #11442
My fan, different model RV, is fused at the 12V panel. I have a Left/Driver side fuse and a Right/Passenger side fuse. The fan is tied into the Right/Passenger side fuse. Since you said you checked your fuses at the panel I would drop the inner cover and see if a connection on the switch came off. You can check for 12V to verify power to the switch if needed to prove fan has given up the ghost.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:50 PM   #5

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Arizona
THOR #2878
Some models have a rocker switch mounted above the sink area to control this fan.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:52 PM   #6

Model: Serrano
THOR #8144
There is a good possibility that the fuse is up in the vent cavity next to the fan. You will have to remove the facia around the vent and then you can see the wires. They quite often go from the hot wire on the fan to a fuse and then they are connected by wire nuts to the power lines that go down the middle of the coach in the ceiling area.....just for ventilator power.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:18 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 35 M
State: Virginia
THOR #14702
Similar Problem with Fan

I'm having a similar problem but mine is intermittent. I have the exact same fan, sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it does. Usually when it is out I'll check the fuses with a fuse check device (not by pulling them out). They all check out good. After that the fan will usually work. I've noticed when the fan is out, the outside LED lights will not work with the switch (the inline fuse under the sink is good) but will still work with the remote control. The 12v lights above the bed in the slide also do not work. When the fan is working every thing else works. The problem is intermittent so I'm not sure what is happening.
Old 05-20-2021, 05:42 PM   #8

State: New York
THOR #23101
Realize this is an old thread but can't seem to find any additional info.

I cannot seem to get the living room max air fan to turn on in my 2018 hurricane 34J. I checked for a safety switch on the roof under the vent cap and did see one.

If I am reading the schematic correctly it appears to be on the same fuse as the living room lights.

Checked all fuses in the DC block and they are good.

Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2021, 07:24 PM   #9

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Can’t offer any specifics as I don’t have your model. But the first thing I’d do is pull off the trim and see if you’ve got 12V at the switch. That’ll tell you if the problem is at the fan or upstream somewhere. My coach (SOB) has both a wall switch and a switch on the fan itself. Both have to be on for the fan to work. I don’t suppose you’ve got anything that simple going on?
Old 05-20-2021, 09:45 PM   #10

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Check the voltage at the fan and if it is hot, give it a push keeping your fingers out of the way
Old 05-21-2021, 11:48 AM   #11

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
We have one like the picture in post #1.
The circuit board failed. It was an easy fix but I can't find or remember where I got the replacement
Google your model #.

Let us know what you find
Old 09-08-2021, 11:58 PM   #12

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1122
I am having similar issue. Its odd because I have the same fan as pictured in front and back vents on my 2015 Thor Axis. On Sat. they both were working and then when tried to turn on Sunday aftn. neither of them worked. I checked all my fuses seem okay, all other lights etc. seem to work fine. I went up and checked back vent and was able to pull out the wire and disconnect the clip. I connected a tester and it did not register any power. Seems something came disconnected or shorted somewhere preventing power from getting to these vent fans. The tiny little fan in my bathroom vent still works, its a different type fan though.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:17 AM   #13

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
What mh do you have

Our 2014 Citation (class C) has 3 fuse locations, 1 under the hood, 1 on the bed pedestal and "some" individual fuses located by the house battery.
Old 05-14-2022, 01:46 AM   #14

Model: A.C.E.
THOR #26822
I have the same fan with the same problem. 2019 Thor A.C.E. 30.2. Just bought it and as we were going through it, I noticed the vent fan didn’t work. Every other fan (bathroom and kitchen) and lights work. Turned every switch I could find on. Still nothing. Thinking it must be a fuse, but where is it? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:39 AM   #15

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Our 2018 ACE the fan switch puked out. Was intermittent then just quit. I verified the switch was bad by checking switch had power to it. I used a 12 volt test light. You could also check with a multimeter. I was 99% certain it was the switch but to be sure i jumperd 12 volts directly to the fan motor to verify the motor ran. The switch is a little printed circuit board with a cpl pushbutton switches. I think it ran around $30 on E Trailer
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote