Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-16-2020, 08:25 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27B
State: Tennessee
THOR #14933
Angry Waiting for Warranty Service/availability

Total frustration with getting little warranty things fixed. First Ford, very few places to take class A's longer than 27ft, then this "drop off and we will get to it in the next few weeks". And trying to get Ford to agree/approve a non-Ford shop is an act of God. Then today, tried to schedule a Thor certified repair shop to fix an electric step problem, earliest date I could get was 4 weeks out. What good is a warranty if it takes forever to get it fixed, assuming they really fix the problem but that's another story. I don't know how the full timers do it. Apologize for the venting.

Old 01-16-2020, 08:37 PM   #2

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
This might not be what you want to read, but:
You didn't tell us what was wrong with the step or with the other little things.
If you tell us it's loose carpeting or just something that needs a kick, or a reset we can show you how to do,... Let's do that.

You didn't tell us what the Ford problem is.

I am in NO WAY saying your problems are trivial. I can't say they are because you haven't given us a chance to show/tell you how to handle/ignore it yourself.

Tell us what's up and maybe you can cancel both appointments.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:48 PM   #3

Model: Aria 3401
State: Arkansas
THOR #12542
Ducksface has it exactly right. What you are describing is why many of us fix things ourselves, even when they are still under warranty.

It shouldn't be this way, but I'm not going to get into that discussion because I like to keep my blood pressure down.

Give us some details on your specific issues and maybe someone can help you.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:51 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgscooter View Post
Total frustration with getting little warranty things fixed. First Ford, very few places to take class A's longer than 27ft, then this "drop off and we will get to it in the next few weeks". And trying to get Ford to agree/approve a non-Ford shop is an act of God. Then today, tried to schedule a Thor certified repair shop to fix an electric step problem, earliest date I could get was 4 weeks out. What good is a warranty if it takes forever to get it fixed, assuming they really fix the problem but that's another story. I don't know how the full timers do it. Apologize for the venting.
Nature of the beast (RV ownership). Been that way for years and will continue to be that way. Fact of life for RV’ers and you’re not going to change it.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:04 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgscooter View Post
Thor will usually authorize mobile RV tech to come and fix your coach. You must get authorization before any work or estimation. If the work is authorized, Thor MC will send the parts to you or the mobile tech and you are responsible for returning the parts and paying the bill in full. After the inoperable parts are received by Thor MC along with the mobile tech's bill, Thor MC will reimburse you after about one month.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:31 PM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Thor will usually authorize mobile RV tech to come and fix your coach. You must get authorization before any work or estimation. If the work is authorized, Thor MC will send the parts to you or the mobile tech and you are responsible for returning the parts and paying the bill in full. After the inoperable parts are received by Thor MC along with the mobile tech's bill, Thor MC will reimburse you after about one month.
Since when?

My experience is Thor will only authorize a mobile tech for warranty work when the unit cannot be safety delivered to an authorized dealer. I had one such incident and it took two calls and a supervisor before they would authorize a mobile tech for my slide being jammed at about 6 inches of extension. They did finally authorize the mobile tech but it took them 6 weeks to reimburse me for the repair.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:19 AM   #7

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
On three occasions in the past 9 months I have had Thor send me parts under warranty so I could do the repairs myself. They shipped the parts quickly and then I returned the old parts after I was done.

On another occasion I bought a part on Amazon that fixed a problem with the levers in my last coach. I emailed Thor what happened and the invoice for the part. They had me send them the old part (they even paid for shipping) and I got a check in about 2 weeks.

Thor has been great and easy to deal with in warranty issues in my experience.

Where is gets to be a pain is for non-warranty situations. Last summer I had rock or something hit the entry door window while driving down the interstate at 60MPH and it shattered. I had to call the dealer.... they had to figure out what part number it was..... I had to pay them in advance..... and I had to pay a for shipping.... twice. The dealer convinced me to have it shipped to them first to make sure it was the right part and not damaged before they repackaged it and sent it to me.