Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2019, 07:56 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #14093
Wall mount removal

Can anyone tell me how to remove the TV wall mount on mine 2015 Axis 24.1? I have read Ed's Axis/Vegas manual and it looks like both examples posted there do not apply to my type of mounting. I would like to re-route the cabling inside the wall but can't figure out how to remove TV from existing mount.

Old 02-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
Not sure if your mount is like mine. On my bracket there are two toggle levers that release the tv from the wall mount. Once you release the toggles I have to lift up the tv to remove it from the main bracket.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #3

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
My mount has a small Philips screw on the bottom behind the tv. Remove it and lift the tv up.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:24 PM   #4

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Rysiek,
Are you talking about the TV over the door, the TV in the Bedroom or the outside TV? On our 2016 Vegas they all have different mounts.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:42 PM   #5

THOR #14093
DocMike,
It is the bedroom tv. As you know the access to any side of those tvs's is very limited and I thought have tried everything. I need to go to storage today and will try it again. Thank you all for your info.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:09 PM   #6

THOR #2142
The mount in the bedroom is a real tight fit. I posted on an earlier thread a few years ago about how to get to it on this Forum. You will need a long shafted Philips head screw driver as there are two screws that have to be removed from behind the TV on the side of of the mount that can just barely see/reached from the the hallway side of the TV. Once those are out you have to manhandle the TV to hinge it out from the wall (an inch or so) on the side of the TV from where you just took the screws out. Then push the TV towards the outside wall (I put cardboard against the wallpaper to keep from scratching it) and then pull it out towards the back of the RV and watch your curtain there at the window.
Tight fit going back too!

Doc

Old 02-25-2019, 12:21 AM   #7

THOR #14093
I will try all ideas and hopefully something will work. One thing I am sure of. When and if the tv is finally off the wall, this bracket will go straight to garbage can as well as the other two. How Thor can use this crap is beyond me.
Again, thank you all!!
Old 02-25-2019, 01:49 AM   #8

THOR #2142
Also, if your screw driver is magnetic that will help to keep from dropping them and searching for the screws. 2 or 3 years or so ago someone had their TV ripped from the wall while in storage. They posted a repair and a new mount. It should be able to search that thread.

Doc

Old 02-26-2019, 06:15 AM   #9

Model: ACE
THOR #9143
Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy View Post
Not sure if your mount is like mine. On my bracket there are two toggle levers that release the tv from the wall mount. Once you release the toggles I have to lift up the tv to remove it from the main bracket.
Mine works the same as listed by Happy.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:29 AM   #10

THOR #14093
I will try all ideas but will also have a multitool handy
Old 03-02-2019, 10:30 PM   #11

THOR #14093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trkyte@msn.com View Post
My mount has a small Philips screw on the bottom behind the tv. Remove it and lift the tv up.
Trkyte,
Finally, I was able to locate this screw. Philips screw was located underneath tv in hard to see place. I had to pull tv from the wall to insert the screwdriver. Now I can reroute the power cord & HDMI cable by hiding them inside the wall and
this crappy mount goes straight to garbage. Thank you Trkyte.