Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-25-2022, 10:59 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #9084
Warning

Warning: do not use this RV Place! RV One in Alachua, Florida. I took my RV there for repair. They screwed a whole in my bathroom ceiling that was no where the repair needed to be. They put the wrong part on my RV and have not communicated with me after saying the correct part was in and they would have service dept call me for an appt. The manager is never there, they do not return calls. I just talked to them and they've had it 3 weeks to put some hardware on it that should have been done in November. They always have excuses. Today I told them I might have to call an attorney and then they said, well if you do that, we can't fix it. I am at a total loss. I have NEVER EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE THIS EVER!!

I paid over $1000 and they put the wrong part on my RV.

I am checking with the BBB and see they are not BBB certified. That says something right there.

Please, no negative comments. I have been dealing with these people since November 2021. They have done nothing to rectify this issue and continue to put me off.

Do not go there! THIS was a family owned business Sanders RV and they would have never had this lack of customer service!

Old 03-25-2022, 11:34 PM   #2

Model: 24TF Compass / Mercedes
State: New York
THOR #17969
Can't tell much from your post other than your frustration with the dealer. You can certainly try to get some satisfaction by calling Thor if the unit is under warranty and if it isn't, pick it up and find a better repair facility. Sorry you're having issues, but unfortunately there are people who think they are experts in all the vocations and have no idea what they are doing.
Old 03-26-2022, 01:44 AM   #3

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Don't know anything about this particular dealership, and have no opinion. But I think it odd that a "company" (RV One) suddenly has the financial wherewithal to buy out over 100 RV dealerships in such a short time. I'm VERY suspect of the motivation for these mega financial deals. Nearly always turns out to be the antithesis of the family owned dealership built on a history of excellent customer service.

I guess that is an opinion after all... must be the old-school in me showing.
Old 03-26-2022, 02:43 AM   #4

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
You've been a member here for years and went to a dealer for repairs, against every opinion expressed here ever.

You thought bbb had a purpose involving consumer happiness. This is against every opinion ever expressed here.

Them jerking you around isn't your fault.
You did not use us as the valuable resource we are.
Due diligence carries weight.
I don't know how much weight.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 07:43 AM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Never ever use a dealer
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 01:43 PM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Never ever use a dealer
It has been 2 1/2 years and my RV is now getting some work done at my 1st Non Winnebago Dealer. They have had for 3 weeks but I am in no rush. I am anxious to see how it may go. They are fixing some cosmetic damage on an Insurance claim that was done by a windshield installer.

But I did use the Dealer for all of my warranty work and they kept at it on things that I may have found that was clearly like that when I bought for a tad over 2 years. I had them do some optional work for me that I was willing to pay more than normal because I knew they were taking care of the warranty work. I tried buying them donuts (aka the Duck Plan), but ate them all before I could get to the Dealership But now that I am 100% on my own, I am trying to learn if I can find a good service center that may be cheaper. If not; I may have to go back to that Dealer because n th end game I was pleased with what they did. Actually kind of thankful but that should not be required of customer.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 01:59 PM   #7

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Warning: do not use this RV Place! RV One in Alachua, Florida.

Please, no negative comments. I have been dealing with these people since November 2021. They have done nothing to rectify this issue and continue to put me off.

Do not go there! THIS was a family owned business Sanders RV and they would have never had this lack of customer service!
If that is near Gainesville (University of Florida); I can positively say, I will never EVER go there

Some context for you... We bought our RV new at La Mesa in Port St. Lucie and that was one of the best experiences we ever had. But we had previously had negative experiences with La Mesa in New Mexico and Arizona for same model RV that was actually closer to us So some times things don't always play out as we like; but no harm in moving on. If I ever buy another new RV; La Mesa Port St. Lucie is where I start calling; my Sales Lady still works there. She made all of difference for us.

Good Luck
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 03-26-2022, 02:15 PM   #8
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Warning: do not use this RV Place! RV One in Alachua, Florida. I took my RV there for repair. They screwed a whole in my bathroom ceiling that was no where the repair needed to be. They put the wrong part on my RV and have not communicated with me after saying the correct part was in and they would have service dept call me for an appt. The manager is never there, they do not return calls. I just talked to them and they've had it 3 weeks to put some hardware on it that should have been done in November. They always have excuses. Today I told them I might have to call an attorney and then they said, well if you do that, we can't fix it. I am at a total loss. I have NEVER EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE THIS EVER!!

I am checking with the BBB and see they are not BBB certified. That says something right there.

Another Accolade owner I know has filed an action against RV One and Jayco. It might be against that same dealer.
Old 03-26-2022, 02:32 PM   #9
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:

When this was Sanders RV they had a decent reputation. Did you buy your RV new from Sanders?

BBB is a money grifting organization. Didn't used to be that way. But to get any type of positive "rating" from the BBB the business has to become a BBB member which costs the business $$$.

Sooo, I guess lesson learned and don't take you RV back there for service. Our Camping World up here in Lake City still has a decent reputation as moat of the same personnel work there from when it was Gateway RV. There are also several good mobile repair businesses around.

Good luck in the future.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 10:03 PM   #10

Model: Tuscany 40ex
THOR #12726
Even though they aren’t in the bbb, still file a complaint with the bbb as they will contact them and try to help you.
Old 03-28-2022, 12:58 AM   #11

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by simidrm View Post
Even though they aren’t in the bbb, still file a complaint with the bbb as they will contact them and try to help you.
that doesn't work, BBB is a joke!
Old 03-28-2022, 12:59 AM   #12

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Never ever use a dealer
who you going use now that you left to got to NM?
Old 03-28-2022, 09:58 PM   #13

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
You've been a member here for years and went to a dealer for repairs, against every opinion expressed here ever.

You thought bbb had a purpose involving consumer happiness. This is against every opinion ever expressed here.

Them jerking you around isn't your fault.
You did not use us as the valuable resource we are.
Due diligence carries weight.
I don't know how much weight.

And, to add to this...lawyers are like handguns...do not threaten with either of them...if it comes down to that, just use it. In my few businesses, anytime someone threatened to sue me...and ended all further communication. I told them to get in line, then hung up.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 10:43 PM   #14

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Nah,
You say:
'Does this sound like me hanging up?'
THEN you hang up.

It erases any thought they may have of the hangup being an accident.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 11:24 PM   #15

Model: Tuscany 40ex
THOR #12726
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy1111 View Post
Maybe so but after our hvac company messed up our system while installing it, like cross threaded fittings and leaking connections and we called them several times and they wouldn’t return our calls and one complaint to the bbb and they called and scheduled a tech to come out and repaired everything that was wrong.
Old 03-29-2022, 11:55 AM   #16
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy1111 View Post
Our experience is different. The BBB likes facts such as names, dates, times, emails etc…. They do not like he said, she said complaints. They will also ask what your preferred resolution would be and they don’t like unrealistic requests.

Member organizations generally respond to the complaint with their side of the story based on the facts they have in their possession such as invoices, emails, contracts etc…. The business will also propose a resolution to the issue even if it is them doing nothing due to it being a frivolous complaint.

Non-member organizations are not required to respond to the complaint.

As to the complaint, Garbage in, garbage out.
Old 03-29-2022, 12:42 PM   #17

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Our experience is different. The BBB likes facts such as names, dates, times, emails etc…. They do not like he said, she said complaints. They will also ask what your preferred resolution would be and they don’t like unrealistic requests.

Member organizations generally respond to the complaint with their side of the story based on the facts they have in their possession such as invoices, emails, contracts etc…. The business will also propose a resolution to the issue even if it is them doing nothing due to it being a frivolous complaint.

Non-member organizations are not required to respond to the complaint.

As to the complaint, Garbage in, garbage out.
Well said, two sides to every coin. I have seen cases go through the BBB process and into Civil Courts where the Judge may openly express his understanding of the plaintiff's plight, but rule in favor of the defendant because no laws were broken, no contracts were broken, no written agreements were broken, services were proven to be performed etc. In most cases it always comes down to misunderstandings whereas the plaintiff had assumed something. when they use words like they would have expected something in good faith, or that any reasonable dealer would have done so; you know they gonna lose. Caveat Emptor - I learned that in 5th Grade.
Old 03-29-2022, 06:17 PM   #18

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Bottom line...unless RV dealers change their ways and manufacturers hold their hands to a fire, they are only good for one thing...a place to buy your RV. When you drive off the lot, don't look back and try to forget they exist. Buy what you wish...do as thorough a walk-thru as you know and most important...know how to fix things. If major issues develop, go back to the manufacturer's warranty service facility. Are there a few exceptional dealers, yes...but very, very few. Most RV's are not purchased anywhere close to where the buyer lives anyway so the "local dealer" isn't convenient.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote