Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 10:46 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Jersey
THOR #23769
Warranty Help

The dealership I bought my motorhome has been sold and any previous records for request of warranty work has been misplaced,what do I do now

Old 05-17-2022, 10:48 PM   #2

THOR #23769
The new dealership says to call Thor about it but I don’t have that info
Old 05-17-2022, 11:07 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
THOR #1469
Call Thor and talk to them. Maybe the old dealer sent in the request for authorization to repair
Old 05-17-2022, 11:32 PM   #4

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Taking into account all of your posts, and not by any stretch me trying to be mean:
Get someone with GREAT communication skills to talk to that dealer for you.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
Old 05-17-2022, 11:48 PM   #5

THOR #23769
Contact

Best number to contact Thor
Old 05-17-2022, 11:56 PM   #6

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergreen View Post
best number to contact thor
(877) 855-2867
Old 05-18-2022, 11:30 AM   #7

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
You can also try warrantysupport@tmcrv.com
Old 05-18-2022, 01:13 PM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltergreen View Post
The new dealership says to call Thor about it but I donít have that info

Is the issue your coach is out of warranty now, but your point / belief that you reported an issue that you believe to be a warranty claim, but the Dealer is sold and the acquiring Dealer is saying they show no record of it? Do you have any records of it?

Also, what is the warranty claim(s)?
2019 Sunstar 29VE Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet w/WiFi6; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 05-18-2022, 01:38 PM   #9

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
She is great

Brittany Braun

Customer Service

Thor Motor Coach

Retail: 877-855-2867

Dealer: 877-500-1020
Lora & George. 2 Golden Retrievers (age 12 & 8). Happy Campers!! Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Old 05-18-2022, 10:29 PM   #10

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
She is great

Brittany Braun
Customer Service
Thor Motor Coach

Retail: 877-855-2867

Dealer: 877-500-1020
I would imagine so... it must be easy and a lot of fun being a TMC Customer Service Agent. Like being a Maytag Repairman / Repairwoman

"seems like those those that actually call and work with TMC they seem happy, relative to those that don't and who fight TMC & blindly trust their Dealer or person they bought a TMC from".

Granted, I only have only 3 years of RV ownership experience, but I have seen ZERO evidence from anyone related to ANY RV Mfg (TMC included) that would not honor their warranty. Of course there may be disputes on what is covered under warranty as those warranties are only one year; but we all know that the documentation is squeaky clean in the Mfg favor with respect to warranties, it is the owners responsibility to read and understand.
2019 Sunstar 29VE Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet w/WiFi6; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 05-18-2022, 10:35 PM   #11
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I would imagine so... it must be easy and a lot of fun being a TMC Customer Service Agent. Like being a Maytag Repairman / Repairwoman

"seems like those those that actually call and work with TMC they seem happy, relative to those that don't and who fight TMC & blindly trust their Dealer or person they bought a TMC from".

Granted, I only have only 3 years of RV ownership experience, but I have seen ZERO evidence from anyone related to ANY RV Mfg (TMC included) that would not honor their warranty. Of course may be disputes on what is covered under warranty as those warranties are only one year, but we all know that the documentation is squeaky clean in the Mfg favor with respect to warrant, it is the owners responsibiliy to read and understand.
And there is a statement on the warranty registration form, that the buyer must sign, that states the buyer has read and understands the warranty and that’s a form dealers (in most states) are not required to provide a copy of during the purchase.
Old 05-26-2022, 07:46 AM   #12

Model: Axis 25.6
THOR #19026
Thor Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
You can also try warrantysupport@tmcrv.com
This is the only way you'll ever get your Thor RV repaired properly. Steelers don't want to fix anything and usually don't know how anyway. Take it to the Thor Factory or do what I did. I called customer support at Thor and they offered to come get it and did so . They kept it for a little over a month and fixed almost everything except for the sidewall that they said had no problem. The slide would not get to within 1 inch of the wall. I finally had to fix it myself after three tries at dealerships and one at the Thor Factory. Even the factory replaced the coach batteries and busted one of them and I didn't find out about it until a couple of weeks after I got home. Both replacements were shot. Also, none of them know how to apply sealer or even what the right kind is.
Old 05-26-2022, 02:29 PM   #13

Model: Quantum WS31
THOR #19764
Exclamation Warranty Support

I can not understand what is takes to get Thor's warranty repair approval.

I do not understand if there are any Quality Control Checks in place before Thor ships a unit to a dealer.

I bought a new 2022 Chateau just last month. We did our shake-down the week after and made an appointment at the dealer to get things repaired. Three weeks later, all but one item was fixed/repaired/replaced. Items on list, not all inclusive, include A/C vent not fully connected. The connection to the front, outflow vents/ registers had no connections to the vents. The radio would cut out when the smallest of bumps would be ran over. The radio screen also shows the Cameras, so I would also lose the views when changing lanes and/or backing up. Reclining theater seats would stay reclined & foot rest would collapse when feet where put on them. Plus, at least 10 other problems. Anyway, here is the catcher!!!!

Dealer can not get Thor's approval to fix the recliners. I finally called Thor's Warranty Support, after getting no response to my 5 e-mail request for help. Anyway, finally, after a LOOOOOOOOOONG wait, I was able to talk to a person. I explained the problem with not getting their approval with the recliner repair, and was told 'WE ARE WAITING FOR APPROVAL FROM THE SOFA MANUFACTURER'. I said that I thought the warranty was Thor's, not their wholesale supplier. I was told that they, Thor, need to get repair approval, before giving their approval. When I asked how long is that going to take, she told me that they sent the request to the manufacture over a week ago, but she has no idea how long it will take and couldn't give me any time-line. I said that that isn't any type of answer and I asked for a Supervisor. She replied 'that there are no supervisors' and then said that she is going to end the conversation. SHE HUNG UP!!!!!!

Is is for real? Oh yes.
Old 05-26-2022, 03:22 PM   #14

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Attitude is everything or nothing. I've had excellent service from Thor, both during my factory warranty repair visit and with help over the phone on other issues. They outsource most everything. Call the manufacturer of the sofa (and other components) and deal direct with them. I finally realized the best solution is to forget about warranty and fix everything locally by yourself or find a mobile service tech that will come to you. With RV's...you're on your own for the most part.
Old 05-26-2022, 03:39 PM   #15

THOR #19764
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Attitude is everything or nothing. I've had excellent service from Thor, both during my factory warranty repair visit and with help over the phone on other issues. They outsource most everything. Call the manufacturer of the sofa (and other components) and deal direct with them. I finally realized the best solution is to forget about warranty and fix everything locally by yourself or find a mobile service tech that will come to you. With RV's...you're on your own for the most part.
Sorry, I do not understand the contents of your post. So, are saying to forget the warranty on my new RV & pay for the repairs myself, since I cannot do it myself. I am a 71 year old who is 100% disabled & not able to do the repairs myself. That's why I bought a NEW RV.
Old 05-26-2022, 03:48 PM   #16

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
Sorry, I do not understand the contents of your post. So, are saying to forget the warranty on my new RV & pay for the repairs myself, since I cannot do it myself. I am a 71 year old who is 100% disabled & not able to do the repairs myself. That's why I bought a NEW RV.

No...not what I'm saying...I did go back for warranty work. It just seems most of the smaller stuff gets the least attention. There are a few things you'll just have to deal with yourself...like the sofa/recliner issue. Sadly, dealers don't care and everyone these days are still hiding behind the Covid Shield.
Old 05-26-2022, 04:03 PM   #17

THOR #19764
Sorry, I guess I just read into your comment.

And yes I do agree with your comment. I've been RVing for the past 3+ decades & have had too many new RVs during that time. . And yes, when the repairs were minor, I did them myself, warranty or not. BUT when returning a new one within 2 weeks after buying, and Thor saying they cannot approve a repair without them receiving approval from their wholesale manufacturer, is not understood NOR acceptable.

To me, Thor is saying: yes, we made the RV & gave you a warranty, and got your $$$$$, but we are greedy and want the sofa manufacture pay for the repairs.

I guess this is what we have come to in the USA
Old 05-26-2022, 04:09 PM   #18
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
I can not understand what is takes to get Thor's warranty repair approval.

I do not understand if there are any Quality Control Checks in place before Thor ships a unit to a dealer.

I bought a new 2022 Chateau just last month. We did our shake-down the week after and made an appointment at the dealer to get things repaired. Three weeks later, all but one item was fixed/repaired/replaced. Items on list, not all inclusive, include A/C vent not fully connected. The connection to the front, outflow vents/ registers had no connections to the vents. The radio would cut out when the smallest of bumps would be ran over. The radio screen also shows the Cameras, so I would also lose the views when changing lanes and/or backing up. Reclining theater seats would stay reclined & foot rest would collapse when feet where put on them. Plus, at least 10 other problems. Anyway, here is the catcher!!!!

Dealer can not get Thor's approval to fix the recliners. I finally called Thor's Warranty Support, after getting no response to my 5 e-mail request for help. Anyway, finally, after a LOOOOOOOOOONG wait, I was able to talk to a person. I explained the problem with not getting their approval with the recliner repair, and was told 'WE ARE WAITING FOR APPROVAL FROM THE SOFA MANUFACTURER'. I said that I thought the warranty was Thor's, not their wholesale supplier. I was told that they, Thor, need to get repair approval, before giving their approval. When I asked how long is that going to take, she told me that they sent the request to the manufacture over a week ago, but she has no idea how long it will take and couldn't give me any time-line. I said that that isn't any type of answer and I asked for a Supervisor. She replied 'that there are no supervisors' and then said that she is going to end the conversation. SHE HUNG UP!!!!!!

Is is for real? Oh yes.
Read your warranty. Thor tells you In plain English that individual components are covered by the component manufacturer. You signed the document stating you were provided a copy of the warranty and understand the provisions. If you did not sign that document your coach would not be registered with Thor.

Try complying with your responsibility under the warranty and call the component manufacturer or have your dealer do it for you.

As to quality checks, those vents didnít work loose after your PDI. Why did you accept the coach with the many Factory defects you mentioned.

Blame is not one way it is shared.
Old 05-26-2022, 05:30 PM   #19
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
I guess this is what we have come to in the USA
Come to? That's the way it's always been. The component manufacture warrants the component. The Product manufacturer usually covers the labor to repair/replace the component. Works that way from computers to houses. Who do you think warrants that new A/C in that new house? Not the builder, the A/C manufacturer.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
Old 05-26-2022, 05:33 PM   #20

THOR #19764
So what you are saying is that a warranty is not a warranty, when Thor is involved?

BTW, I was told that manufacturer is in China. I have no idea how to get in touch with them and if I did, I don't speak Chinese.