Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2022, 10:17 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Wash wax all help

So I finally pulled the trigger on the rv kit and I have some questions for all of you that use this stuff.

1. Do you prewash when your coach is really dirty? Like with a waterhose?

2. Do you do the windows?

3. Do you do the windshield?

Thanks for any and all help.

Old 03-18-2022, 10:37 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campnjoe View Post
So I finally pulled the trigger on the rv kit and I have some questions for all of you that use this stuff.

1. Do you prewash when your coach is really dirty? Like with a waterhose?
Yes. Especially the roof, because of black streaks from rain runoff.

2. Do you do the windows?
Yes. First trip of season the rig gets a thorough wash/wax. Windows cleaned inside and out. I use PTFE dry lube on all window tracks. After that, I only clean inside the windows during the season if needed.

3. Do you do the windshield?
I use Rain-X or similar... although I've found that ceramic spray wax works excellent on the windshield... every time I wash the rig.

Thanks for any and all help.
That's my general routine. Starting this season, good overall wax first thing, then another good waxing towards the end of the season.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:40 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
If you are talking about a carwash/wax concentrate, what does the label state? I use a Blue Coral Concentrate, pre spray rinse, then wash using a wash brush and mitt, then rinse. I do the windows with the stuff as well.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 10:43 PM   #4

THOR #19102
Sorry all if my title wasn't very clear. I don't think I can edit it, but my question was about the "wash wax all" product which is a waterless wash and wax system.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:06 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Be careful with that stuff. Some brands will trash your RV and you’ll pay thousands to get it removed. A few posts on the forum about the nightmares with it.

Rinse, soap, rinse, dry then wax.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:17 PM   #6

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Hose the rv down
Wash with an un-wrung rag using diluted Aero wash-wax all as per instructions.
Rinse
Dry with a slight buffing action using a wrung-dry undiluted wash-wax-all soaked rag.
It leaves a haze on the windshield about equal to a rain-x haze.
Then
Use it on anything you ever wipe down
Sinks, tires, metal,paint.
It's absolutely the best by a mile on eyeglasses.

Used on aircraft for generations, it does a fine job.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 11:36 PM   #7

THOR #19102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Hose the rv down
Wash with an un-wrung rag using diluted Aero wash-wax all as per instructions.
Rinse
Dry with a slight buffing action using a wrung-dry undiluted wash-wax-all soaked rag.
It leaves a haze on the windshield about equal to a rain-x haze.
Then
Use it on anything you ever wipe down
Sinks, tires, metal,paint.
It's absolutely the best by a mile on eyeglasses.

Used on aircraft for generations, it does a fine job.
Thanks
Old 03-19-2022, 02:35 AM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
I use wash wax all. I always wash first eventhough they say you don't have to

I wash then use the pole with a towel on it, not the wash wax mop heads, just to do a quick dry. If it's still a little wet it fine. Actually helps spread the wax a bit. Do a small area at a time. Windows are the last thing I do but only the windshield gets waxed

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 03:31 AM   #9

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
https://washwax.com/collections/kits...gaAprSEALw_wcB

I have not used. Seems like it is twice the work? It also seems like it would get dirty pretty quickly if the RV is not washed or rinsed first.

With that I do something like this with the Detailer's Spray. I normally use in spot treatments or for a quick wipe down when water is not available.

I have simple 3 steps process
1. I use the RV Wash & Wax in a foamer and spray on dry RV in an area like roof, front, rear or sides and wait 1- 2 minutes
2. I then mop with my soft brush using the long pole like in the wash all video
3. Rinse off and I am done. It dries spot free, but I can't help myself but dry the windows and windshield

Thanks for bringing to light the wash all. I would be interested to try just the spray solution to see how it compares to my Detailer Spray. The Kit is well over my budget.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 10:39 AM   #10
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
I use Gel-Gloss Wash and Wax. Great product and lasts a long time. I found that when washing to leave it on for a while, while your doing another section. Even to the point of starting to dry up, then rinse it down. The wax seems to adhere better. Any black streaks from the roof come off much better the next time I wash the unit. Now I have a light colored RV so I don't have any issues with water spots showing. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wash wax.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	36504  
Old 03-19-2022, 12:47 PM   #11

THOR #13058
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
I use Gel-Gloss Wash and Wax. Great product and lasts a long time. I found that when washing to leave it on for a while, while your doing another section. Even to the point of starting to dry up, then rinse it down. The wax seems to adhere better. Any black streaks from the roof come off much better the next time I wash the unit. Now I have a light colored RV so I don't have any issues with water spots showing. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Exactly

Washing the roof is the most important part of washing the RV. That Gel Wash and wax is just outstanding I use for everything now.

If you have a cannon foamer it is even better. I don't rinse first, I foam and wait, let the wash and wax do its thing, them with soft brush mop it down and rinse. I can wash entire RV in one hour.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 03-19-2022, 03:16 PM   #12

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Been using wash wax all products for years, bought new coach 2018 no water first 3yrs only wash wax all no water spots almost 4yrs now just had coach washed and hand wax when we came out of the keys then back to wash wax all, still no water spots and looks like new. I also use their rubber treatment.
Old 03-19-2022, 03:35 PM   #13

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
dk - You've likely posted this info before, but what "foamer" do you use? I'm going to purchase an electric power washer to use around the house, and plan to use it for washing the RV also. Thanks!
Old 03-19-2022, 04:04 PM   #14

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
dk - You've likely posted this info before, but what "foamer" do you use? I'm going to purchase an electric power washer to use around the house, and plan to use it for washing the RV also. Thanks!
I have a Stanley 2150 Max, it came with the Foamer and all of the attachments. To be honest I was a disbeliever at first about foaming BEFORE a simple rinse off, but from experience a slight pause to think about it, rinsing first just dilutes the working strength of the wash / wax solution. The foaming action works on the surface to loosen dirts and yes EVEN BUGS. If you look close you can see it work. Kind of cool. I never use special sprays or do anything special for bugs they just brush and rinse right off.

NOTE: I do not use the Pressure washer to rinse my RV Only for the Foaming, I use my regular water hose nozzle at Jet setting. If you have dirts that require a high pressure hose you have another problem, or you are being overly aggressive and could damage decals or cause leaks on the roof. For sure if you know what you are doing you may rinse with the pressure washer as long as you keep sprayer from getting to close.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16515417491...xoCvgkQAvD_BwE

Also, I bought this item a year ago to just see what it does, I carry it with me in the RV should I wish to wash on the road, if I am lazy; I will use it at home too because it foams and rinses with the same nozzle. I tend to use more of the RV Wash & Wax solution with it because it can't possibly foam as good as my Pressure washer.

https://www.harborfreight.com/9-patt...ser-60773.html

With all of that said, when times comes to replace the Stanley, I will consider the 40V Ryobi Pressure Washer model just to leverage the batteries I already have and to kill the electrical cord hassles. Plus I may be more incline to take it with me on the RV since I have determined that I have room for an extra 750 pounds after being fully loaded on my F53 Chassis
Old 03-20-2022, 02:32 AM   #15

THOR #19102
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapped View Post
Been using wash wax all products for years, bought new coach 2018 no water first 3yrs only wash wax all no water spots almost 4yrs now just had coach washed and hand wax when we came out of the keys then back to wash wax all, still no water spots and looks like new. I also use their rubber treatment.
So I assume it has been pretty dirty in those 3 years. I was just worried about the dirt scratching the finish. Sounds like I don't have to worry then.
Old 03-20-2022, 01:37 PM   #16

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
I can clean the coach In less than 1 hour so being retired and full-time I stay on top of it, but we have traveled in rain for 3 days 1000mi. and rear of coach was bad, no water came clean but used all 6 mop heads just on rear. Washed them and finished cleaning the next day.
Old 03-20-2022, 07:07 PM   #17
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I buy car wash that is suggested for use on Corvettes..
Safe on fiberglass: safe on RVs...
Old 03-20-2022, 08:19 PM   #18

Model: 40KQ
State: Oklahoma
THOR #24608
cleaning is addictive, When to stop

Takes me 3 days and 2 nights to finish. Then I find little spots that need a little buff. UGH ! enough..... Lets go camping.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	all clean 1.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	36529   Click image for larger version

Name:	back rim.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	36530  

Name:	front rim.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	36531  
Old 03-21-2022, 01:27 AM   #19

THOR #19102
Thanks for all the tips everyone. We had a nice day here today so I decided to just clean her up. All I can say is that wash wax all worked fantastic. The only problem now is that it highlighted all the flaws in the paint job. Mirror finish though.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:04 PM   #20

Model: Vegas 25.5 / Keystone Mon
State: Arkansas
THOR #20441
Im a big fan of Protect-All for a surface finish after a wash. Super easy to apply and seems to last a while. I buy the gallon size and apply with standard hand spray bottle.

Spray on, wipe off. UV inhibitor.

https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-6203...03VAPIBC&psc=1