Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2018, 06:36 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 4000
State: Tennessee
THOR #13587
The washer is dry!

Thor Aria 4000 - maiden voyage and the dealer never addressed any of the things I already bought to their attention in the 2 months or so I tried to contact them. Now I'm in the middle of my move to Tennessee, and Mama wants to do some laundry.

The washer isn't getting water. All other plumbing in the rig works, and I'm all switched over to City fixtures.

Any quick ideas?

Old 11-20-2018, 06:53 AM   #2

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieSmith View Post
Thor Aria 4000 - maiden voyage and the dealer never addressed any of the things I already bought to their attention in the 2 months or so I tried to contact them. Now I'm in the middle of my move to Tennessee, and Mama wants to do some laundry.

The washer isn't getting water. All other plumbing in the rig works, and I'm all switched over to City fixtures.

Any quick ideas?
I believe there is a valve behind the washer. I have an access panel on the wall beside the washer.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:21 AM   #3

THOR #13587
Ok thanks- the wall beside it had the slide-out pantry, but there's a 30-ish inch panel under that. Guess I'll be putting my screwdriver to work in the morning!

Resolute lady hand-washed everything and is spinning it in the washer. Hope the drain line is hooked up properly!
Old 11-30-2018, 04:20 AM   #4

THOR #13587
Found the hot and cold water supply valves to the washer. They were both in the off position. I turned both on, ran a test rinse, and INSTANT FLOODING!

Turned both off, realized it was the hot water that was leaking, dried up the mess as best we could, and after soaking four bath towels, cautiously turned only the cold back on and tested again. There's a bit of drippage (started at once every 5 seconds then gradually slowed to beyond 6 minutes) from the back of the hose collar, but everything seems to be working.

Used the cellphone camera to look further into the cavity and saw why the hot line was leaking... there's nothing connected to it! It's just capped. So... thanks, Thor, for that feature?

Anyway, time to button the inner- and sub-pantry walls up again, and hope the dripping is minimal or over I guess.