Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2018, 01:33 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drau2th View Post
I would like to see a YouTube video of that as well. The chassis battery is near impossible to check let alone change out. It is buried under a myriad of cables and hoses!
Oh yeah, forgot about all those cables. No room and not to mention, those batteries are way down low, VERY heavy and in a compartment that dosn't have lots of room to spare. AND of course the battery chambers of the inside battery... well you might need a light to see. All that acid gets on your hands, which gets on your clothes, which has to be washed off ASAP. Wear a set of gloves to keep you from doing the ingrown habit of scratching your face without thinking. Wished they made this job easier somehow. Like the batteries sit on pinned moveable tray and the connections are just one big twist to open or close. They make them you know.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:14 PM   #42

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Camping World is like the song says..."a snowball rolling downhill, headed for hell". Their volume is so high they don't have to care. They are at every exit and too convenient. They have everything and mostly good quality merchandise in the stores. The service tech turnover is higher than pancakes at IHOP. They have huge profit quotas in their service departments and, as stated by OP they know or at least think you have no other choice. The tech's income is probably tied to a percentage of each work order. I may eat these words someday, but from all I've read over the past few years, I would never let them touch my unit! They follow these forums and it amazes me how they never address anything. I think they give out bonuses and "atta boys" to the employees that generate these irate issues. Back to the OP...there are only three companies in the U.S. that manufacture batteries and put everyone's brand name on them. Buy batteries from name brand stores based on proper application recommendations and replacement warranty.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:06 PM   #43

Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
I bought my rig from C.W. in Burlington WA. Sales staff O.K. Finance person there was excellent in helping me with a couple of major issues. Cudos to her. Service right next door, totally independent from Sales somehow. Service writer there I used was excellent. Repair shop terrible I think due to very large amount of rigs there needing repair and not hiring mechanics that have enough experience or pushed to do the jobs however and get rigs out of the shop. Shop manager there at least to me, seems to have a pissed attitude, maybe because the techs there that work for him have to be watched over for everything. I know the older guy that did our PID walk through at time of purchase, works at service dept. talked about himself more than giving us the run down on the rig. Had several questions he just said, read the information in the owners manual which is a basic manual that covers all R.V.'s and not specifically the rig I bought, which I didn't know until I got home and went through the manual, plus his attitude with customer needs a lot of improvement. (basically he was a real A hole) and treated Me and my Wife like a couple of grammer school kids. This location: Sales O.K. Finance lady excellent. Service writer I used excellent. Repair shop a real disappointment. Will only take my rig there for warranty work only. Will use local R.V. place I found closer to me in Bellingham WA. "AL's R.V." which did suspension mods and a reasonable price, treated me like a valuable customer.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:15 PM   #44

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
I bought my rig from C.W. in Burlington WA. Sales staff O.K. Finance person there was excellent in helping me with a couple of major issues. Cudos to her. Service right next door, totally independent from Sales somehow. Service writer there I used was excellent. Repair shop terrible I think due to very large amount of rigs there needing repair and not hiring mechanics that have enough experience or pushed to do the jobs however and get rigs out of the shop. Shop manager there at least to me, seems to have a pissed attitude, maybe because the techs there that work for him have to be watched over for everything. I know the older guy that did our PID walk through at time of purchase, works at service dept. talked about himself more than giving us the run down on the rig. Had several questions he just said, read the information in the owners manual which is a basic manual that covers all R.V.'s and not specifically the rig I bought, which I didn't know until I got home and went through the manual, plus his attitude with customer needs a lot of improvement. (basically he was a real A hole) and treated Me and my Wife like a couple of grammer school kids. This location: Sales O.K. Finance lady excellent. Service writer I used excellent. Repair shop a real disappointment. Will only take my rig there for warranty work only. Will use local R.V. place I found closer to me in Bellingham WA. "AL's R.V." which did suspension mods and a reasonable price, treated me like a valuable customer.
Nah, Find another RV sales and repair shop. May have to go by word of mouth from other RV owners in your area. Get a hardback notebook with laminated papers for keeping all your papers and trash they give you and keep every repair ticket you get from then on. So when it goes back to the shop to fix the same problem or one in the same area, you have a history of the repairs. It's a pain to set up now but later on it will help.

Tags
battery water, replacement of battery