Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2019, 06:00 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37GT
State: Alberta
THOR #14591
Water bay Challenger 37GT

Hi, I recently purchased a 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, and have some questions about the water bay. I have attached photos of the entire control panel, and of by-pass valves, and fresh water drain valves.

By-pass valves - what do these do? I have them set to either open or close as indicated for normal operation, but I do not understand their purpose.

Fresh water tank drain - when I open this with a the fresh water tank almost full, no water comes out. On the opposite (passenger) side of the m/h there is a compartment where the water tank is located, and it has a drain at the bottom, and this drains water when opened.

The manual does not specifically discuss this control panel.

Any help is appreciated, thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	water bay.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	16669   Click image for larger version

Name:	bypass valves.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	16670  

Attached Images

Old 04-14-2019, 06:08 PM   #2

State: Arizona
THOR #7580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skritnoid View Post
Hi, I recently purchased a 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, and have some questions about the water bay. I have attached photos of the entire control panel, and of by-pass valves, and fresh water drain valves.

By-pass valves - what do these do? I have them set to either open or close as indicated for normal operation, but I do not understand their purpose.

Fresh water tank drain - when I open this with a the fresh water tank almost full, no water comes out. On the opposite (passenger) side of the m/h there is a compartment where the water tank is located, and it has a drain at the bottom, and this drains water when opened.

The manual does not specifically discuss this control panel.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Every panel seems to be a little different, but basically your by-pass valves are there to by-pass the hot water tank when you winterize the system.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:10 PM   #3

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I believe the 'fresh water drain' valve probably is to allow air into the tank so that it drains quicker ...

'bypasses' are generally to bypass the use of this appliance, such as the water heater tank, so that your water is not going into, especially when you 'winterize' and don't want any of the 'pink stuff' winterizing liquid to fill the water heater tank, which is not needed.

there may also be a 'water tank' bypass, which just means that when you are on 'city water/pressurized water' from a spigot, it is not filling the tank, but just being used by you while in the coach
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:10 PM   #4

State: Arizona
THOR #7580
The fresh water drain is for emptying the fresh water tank.
Old 04-07-2024, 11:56 AM   #5

State: Missouri
THOR #32261
Were you able figure it out? I’m new now too and have the same questions
Old 04-07-2024, 12:16 PM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregK View Post
Welcome to the forum

Download the fresh water diagram from the Owners Resourse page and it should show you what those valves are connected to.
Old 04-07-2024, 07:59 PM   #7

Model: challenger
State: Alabama
THOR #21263
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregK View Post
on my 2013 challenger 37kt i have the same wet bay panel as depicted in the original post. the three bypass valves are for bypassing the housing containing the water filter. when winterizing turn the valves to bypass the filter and remove the filter and drain the housing. the fresh water drain valve is opened to drain the fesh water tank. if nothing comes out when opened remove the valve and check to see if it's opening properly. i had trouble with mine not opening all the way and had to fix it.