Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2020, 11:37 AM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankBarba View Post
I'm done. working on this since March. I appreciate you all helping. I will have to take into a service center to repair. Boating was much easier....
Not sure where you are located but you might consider hiring a qualified RV inspector or mobile tech to come out and provide you with one or two hours of instruction on the systems in your coach. Could be a lot cheaper than going to the dealer anytime something comes up, especially if the dealer charges a diagnostic fee and doesn't find anything wrong.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:45 AM   #22

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by ea37ts View Post
not sure where you are located but you might consider hiring a qualified rv inspector or mobile tech to come out and provide you with one or two hours of instruction on the systems in your coach. Could be a lot cheaper than going to the dealer anytime something comes up, especially if the dealer charges a diagnostic fee and doesn't find anything wrong.
Click image for larger version

Name:	What he said in that comment up there (1).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	24262
Old 06-17-2020, 03:51 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
State: South America
THOR #19174
Here is what I have found...Found the Hot Water Bypass. The Servicing Dealer left the Water Heater Breaker on. As far as I'm concerned they failed to inform me of this. The Heating Element most likely fried, so I have not Shore power due to tripping breakers in my Garage. The Heating Element will need to be replaced and Thor is covering it under warranty.

I called Camping World on June 12th I was told that my service advisor would be calling me back..No Call. So I esculated the problem to Marcus Lemon Corporate Office. The lady that answered was very nice and apologetic and would get to the bottom of this. Well we have yet to hear back from either Corporate Office or Local Camping World Dealer.

Try getting an appointment at an RV Dealer they are no appointments until Mid August. Being in PA our season is short and I will miss camping this year. I did find a Mobil Tech that would come look at the MH at the end of the month. I will be picking his brain, paying for an education. Thank you to everyone that has helped.

On another noted "why would a manufacture put a water tank in an area that is completely covered with electronics and electrical wires in the same area"?
Old 06-17-2020, 04:04 PM   #24

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I would contact Thor directly and tell them about your situation. They may very well pay for the Mobile Tech or help you find another dealer in the area that can fix your problem sooner.

When I have contacted Thor, been polite, explained the situation and the pain it was causing, I have found they always worked with me.

They have sent me parts so I could do my own repairs under warranty. They ae reimbursed me for parts that I purchased to fix issues that would be covered under warranty.

And for what it's worth..... the challenge with these coaches is your are trying to fit all the systems of your home in a very small and confined area. I do admit they could do a better job in a lot of cases if they took the time to think about it more but in many cases they are just out of room to place certain components.