I boondocked at a cracker barrel then drove 100 miles the next day,when i arrived i see signs of flame a good three feet above the outside water heater vent,no melting and no paint damage but definite signs of black soot way above vent.is it because i accidently left the propane water heater on while traveling or do i have a more severe problem,i wont use the propane heater again till after this trip just in case.
We had an issue a few years ago. I used to leave the propane on while driving. We had a tire blow and it took our our propane lines which were routed through the wheel well. Since then I shut off the propane every time we drive.