Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2020, 08:50 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Quebec
THOR #2688
I want to thank everybody for their input. Being in the process of fixing this, I will let you know of the outcome. I am waiting for input from different parts suppliers. I will remove the side window and want to make sure that it will be installed correctly.
Regards

Old 07-20-2020, 05:24 AM   #22

State: Montana
THOR #4727
Water leaks

We have a 30.1 ACE and have had a total of ten leaks some inside, most from the outside. Both drivers side and passenger side windows leaked. Tried everything on the windows, ended up sealing one shut and using a razor in the spring to get it open. Two of the leaks caused damage, one caused a soft spot by the bed in the floor. I would never buy a Thor product again
Old 07-21-2020, 08:17 PM   #23

THOR #2688
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Yup very common with Axis/Vegas units.

I had that problem on the passenger side on ours. A trip to factory service in Wakarusa, IN fixed it all up--they ended up rebuilding the wall. Took them a couple of days because they disassembled the wall and then let it sit for a good 24 hours with a fan blowing on it to dry it out (Usually you can stay in your coach at factory service but they needed mine to dry out so they couldn't give it back to me overnight. I'm close enough that I just went home until it was ready.)

You could start by removing the screws on the window's trim ring and pull it away from the wall a little. You won't be able to remove them all because the bunk bed covers the window on the top.

Look behind the trim ring and see if you find any gaps or places water can get in and seal that up.
Hi Jamie
Did they replace the rubber seal or put the same one back I have issues getting parts from Canada. Thanks
Old 07-21-2020, 08:48 PM   #24
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by michbout View Post
Hi Jamie
Did they replace the rubber seal or put the same one back I have issues getting parts from Canada. Thanks
Honestly, I don't know: at factory service they drive your unit off to one of the buildings and I didn't see it until after it was done.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 02:58 PM   #25

THOR #2688
Quote:
Originally Posted by michbout View Post
I want to thank everybody for their input. Being in the process of fixing this, I will let you know of the outcome. I am waiting for input from different parts suppliers. I will remove the side window and want to make sure that it will be installed correctly.
Regards
Finally completed. Remove window, replace seal. Water hose on the top corner of joint, Ref. REVJEFFREY post. This is were the water was coming in.
I did put silicone on the top part of window and making sure the joint part was well sealed.

The only thing remaining is to have the the connecting layout of the 4 wires linked to the the mirror control switch on driver's console , cannot access pictures previously taken, if anybody would have that setup I would appreciate Tks.
Old 08-13-2021, 12:41 AM   #26

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Indiana
THOR #5936
Jamie, unfortunately I have a water leak in the wall on the passenger side on my 2016 Axis. Never had water on the inside but definitely rust on the ground outside of unit. If you donít mind be asking what the repair cost was or was this covered under a warranty?
Thanks
Old 08-13-2021, 01:21 PM   #27

THOR #2688
Quote:
Originally Posted by INKBLUE12 View Post
Jamie, unfortunately I have a water leak in the wall on the passenger side on my 2016 Axis. Never had water on the inside but definitely rust on the ground outside of unit. If you donít mind be asking what the repair cost was or was this covered under a warranty?
Thanks
For the same problem they were charging in CDN $ between 1500 and 2400 at the dealer, so this is why that me and my son did it together. The hard thing is to get the wright panel to replace. We did fix both side, look at previous post on where is the exact water entry point. If you have time and patience I would suggest a DIY. Good luck Michel