Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2020, 10:18 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #10718
water intrusion

As an owner of a 2017 Venetian A40 I joined a large group of others who had similar issues with water getting into the basement storage compartments while driving in the rain and wet pavement. Last summer we spent several weeks at the factory service center getting a total tear out and replacement of rotted flooring plus replacement of all door seals. It wasn't too long afterwards that it was discovered minor amounts of water still got in but from a new location, dripping out of the trough mounted along the passenger side chassis rail. My wife I are fulltimers and have spent all of our time in Florida since leaving the factory service center. I have since discovered this chassis trough housed a couple of hose and pipelines that were cold and wet after driving. The trough had a couple of places where water dripped down onto cargo. I kept in contact with the service Center and it was suggested that I add additional expanding foam, "Great Stuff", around the rails. I did this several times and anytime it would rain a little test drive was taken but the results were the same, water still getting in. I suspected that this new problem seemed to occur only when driving with the dash air working. I have been in contact with Thor and have an appointment scheduled at the service Center for May 4 but that will likely change with Covid19 issues. Yesterday I had an appointment to get regular coach service. Before heading out I checked the chassis rail and trough. It was dry. The dash air was not used and after arriving at the service center I checked the chassis rail. It was completely dry. After the service was completed and we returned back to the rv park and drove with the dash air operating. Upon our return I saw water dripping under the front cowl. I opened the access door and saw water was saturated on the hose that attaches to the dash a/c. Water, or condensation, was running down this hose all the way back into the chassis rail. Water beads on the bottom of the chassis rail just inside the first pass through storage bay. I checked the storage compartment and found water inside the trough. We had not driven in any rain or on a wet surface. The water collected while only driving 9 miles!

My questions:

Anyone else having same condensation line issues?
Anyone else discovering water dripping from chassis rail in storage compartments?