Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-20-2017, 01:07 AM   #1

State: California
THOR #8323
Water leak

Sure could use some emergency help here. New 2017 34.1 thor Miramar on our first trip with it. Have developed a major water leak coming out under the kitchen cabinets, down along the steps, water leaking into the storage bins under the motorhome and also thru a small rubber thing under the chassis. It has stopped leaking when I turn the water pump switch off inside the coach. Any ideas where the problem may be?

Old 07-20-2017, 01:13 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
You may just have a loose screw-on fitting. Get under the sink with a flashlight and tighten every fitting you can find, including the sink drain. Turn the water back on and inspect with the flashlight, tighten anything you may have missed and double check the ones you did.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:16 AM   #3

State: California
THOR #8323
I should have been clearer - there is no water under any cabinets or even under the sink. But there was a flood coming out along the he floor next to a he cabinets and in the store units outside the motorhome. I can't fix it because I have no idea where the water is coming from.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:22 AM   #4

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Unfortunately you are going to have to either take the coach in or get down on your hands and knees and start tracing where the water lines go and look at every connection, crimped or screw-on, that you can find. Sorry, I know that isn't much help but there is no other way than to start looking.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:53 AM   #5

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Virginia
THOR #7607
Is that the side with a slide? Some folks have had issues with fittings getting ruined when the slide came in or out. (If there is a sink or something on that side)
Old 07-20-2017, 03:26 AM   #6

Model: Hurticane 34J
State: Massachusetts
THOR #1987
Not sure how your floor plan is set up, but on my Hurricane the park water hose connection is on the slide right by the kitchen. On the first trip of the season when I hooked up the city water hose I had a leak coming under the slide on to the floor below the cabinets (not the cabinets themselves like yours). I had to take off the panel under the range and found it was a simple hose type connection that screws onto the city water input that had come lose. It would have been a simple fix if I could have reached the dumb thing, but that would be to simple. I had to unscrew the city connection from the outside pop the caulking seal and pull it from the outside just to turn it a quarter turn tight and put it all back together. ��