Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
mlr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: South Carolina
THOR #955
water leak around toilet!

seems like clean water but the rug is soaked….what is going on?!

Old 07-14-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
More than likely the seal between the toilet and the floor. In very, very, few cases the toilet has a crack there I would get it checked out real quick be fore water damage takes place
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:56 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
if it is clean water, it could also be the supply line to the toilet. Since this line is under pressure when the system is pressurized (either with your fresh water pump or city water line) it should be easy to see if it is dripping...
Old 07-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #4

State: Florida
THOR #920
Had this happen to us the first time out last year. Turns out the one of toilet control valve seals was leaking. Our coach is a 93, don't know about yours. The commode need to come out and overhauled. It will soak the whole floor with the supply water left on. Sorry
Old 07-21-2014, 04:42 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
If you know what model your toilet is, you can probably download a manual or an illustrated parts breakdown from the manufacturer that pretty much shows all of the parts and how they fit together.

I have made it a point to download (or scan in) every document for my RV as a .PDF and placed them on my smartphone.

That way, I have all the manuals with me in the event of an issue while on the road. And if I find my way to a RV dealer while on the road in search of a part, I'll at least (hopefully) know what the part number is I need.

True; the documents are a bit small this way, they are at least readable when you zoom in.

I am also slowly starting to assemble a spare parts kit for emergency repairs. This became all apparent last week when I blew out a 3" sewer valve when dumping the holding tank (it's a complicated story).

Along with the traditional fuses and such, I am assembling spares like a toilet gasket kit, spare ignitor for the hot water tank, furnace, and fridge, spare luggage catch (those plastic things that hold the cargo doors open that break all the time), spare catch for the screen door, and so on.

Tags
toilet, water leak, water line