Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-08-2021, 03:12 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Hampshire
THOR #25314
Water pressure issue

I have 2021 Thor Freedom Elite 24 Fe I am having water pressure issues I hook up to Shore Water and I have fine pressure to flush the toilet but not enough pressure in the faucets or shower help please

Old 11-08-2021, 03:19 PM   #2

Model: Quantum rw28
State: Louisiana
THOR #22150
I wish I had a solution to this problem. I have a similar issue where most hook ups I have encountered, there is not enough water flow to activate the tankless water heater but only at the kitchen sink and shower.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:37 PM   #3

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideneasy View Post
I have 2021 Thor Freedom Elite 24 Fe I am having water pressure issues I hook up to Shore Water and I have fine pressure to flush the toilet but not enough pressure in the faucets or shower help please
Are you using a water pressure regulator on your city water connection? You really should be, or you are asking for an eventual disaster. Campground water pressure can be ANYTHING... you never know.

If you encounter a campground hookup with VERY low pressure, try filling your fresh water tank - disconnect the campground water and just use your water pump.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:39 PM   #4

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideneasy View Post
Is the pressure low on the hot and cold? If so, then I would suspect the screen in the taps, one possibly in the shower head or construction pieces in the lines.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:53 PM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Well you need to figure out if you have a PRESSURE or a FLOW problem - not the same thing, but they are related. You can't get sufficient flow without sufficient pressure. An obstruction will cause a pressure drop which causes flow to drop.

So do you have sufficient flow using the onboard pump and water tank?

Do you have sufficient supply pressure?

You could get one of these for about $10 to verify your city water source can supply enough pressure with static flow:

But it's better to spend an additional $20 to get a good pressure regulator with gauge so you can limit the pressure on those city water sources which are ridiculously high:

https://www.amazon.com/Renator-M11-0.../dp/B01N7JZTYX

This also allows you to see what the pressure to your RV is when water is flowing.

So once you have the ability to verify good city water pressure, but you still don't have adequate flow from city water, but you do from your pump; I'd take a close look at the city water connection. It should have a screen and built-in check valve. It could be the issue. This video (starting at about the 2 minute mark) shows the valve disassembled:

If that isn't your flow restriction then it's time to start tracing piping.

If you didn't have good flow from your water pump either than you need to jump straight to pipe tracing.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 04:05 PM   #6

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
Pressure is cut by every 90 degree turn and every water filter check pressure at faucet and subtract from there
Old 11-08-2021, 05:07 PM   #7

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Well you need to figure out if you have a PRESSURE or a FLOW problem - not the same thing, but they are related. You can't get sufficient flow without sufficient pressure. An obstruction will cause a pressure drop which causes flow to drop.

So do you have sufficient flow using the onboard pump and water tank?

Do you have sufficient supply pressure?

You could get one of these for about $10 to verify your city water source can supply enough pressure with static flow:

But it's better to spend an additional $20 to get a good pressure regulator with gauge so you can limit the pressure on those city water sources which are ridiculously high:

https://www.amazon.com/Renator-M11-0.../dp/B01N7JZTYX

This also allows you to see what the pressure to your RV is when water is flowing.

So once you have the ability to verify good city water pressure, but you still don't have adequate flow from city water, but you do from your pump; I'd take a close look at the city water connection. It should have a screen and built-in check valve. It could be the issue. This video (starting at about the 2 minute mark) shows the valve disassembled:

If that isn't your flow restriction then it's time to start tracing piping.

If you didn't have good flow from your water pump either than you need to jump straight to pipe tracing.
Good choice... I use option B, the adjustable one set to just under 50psi. I never hook up city water without having that inline.
Old 11-08-2021, 06:54 PM   #8

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I never ever ever

I never ever ever run on shore water.
I only run from my tank.
I always know my pressure, have no worries about my pressure, have no worries of frozen or burst hoses, and I need no pressure regulators of expensive or cheap sort.

But
I do keep two regulators with me just in case my pump quits.
(I carry two because there is a common belief among some of us that 'one is none')

Use your internal system to remove any variable or unknown.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 07:21 PM   #9
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
Is the pressure low on the hot and cold? If so, then I would suspect the screen in the taps, one possibly in the shower head or construction pieces in the lines.
Agree agree agree...
Before you start throwing money at the problem: try cleaning the screens.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 12:12 AM   #10

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
I agree with Bob above. All the junk and dust from the build ends up clogging the aerator screens at the outlets. Unscrew em and check.
Old 11-18-2021, 01:20 PM   #11

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
I agree with Bob above. All the junk and dust from the build ends up clogging the aerator screens at the outlets. Unscrew em and check.
That and check the flow restrictor in the faucets. It's likely a small plastic disk in the aerator with a small hole in the middle. Either remove as part of the debris cleaning, or remove and drill out the hole larger and replace. RV water systems are usually poorly designed so every bend, valve, connector has the potential to reduce pressure and flow. If you got one of those short flow/pressure "regulators" like

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/fab...2&odnBg=FFFFFF

toss it and get the adjustable type like shown above.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 04:51 PM   #12

Model: Freedom Elite 22HE
State: Tennessee
THOR #16345
I had a similar issue with my Thor Freedom Elite 22 HE. I unscrewed the aerator on the sink and blew out the debris. This took care of the problem.

Tags
water flow problem