Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2019, 12:06 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TB
State: Quebec
THOR #15839
Water pressure issue (bizarre!)

I have a problem of water pressure in the RV. Thor Gemini 23TB 2017
(see videos on the links at the end of the message)

It started at the end of last year, in the faucets of the bathroom (sink and shower faucet) .Then recently, it has also extended to the kitchen faucet. There is so little pressure; hot water on demand refuses to start.

At first I thought it was the water filter that was clogged. Yes, there were a lot of plastic seeds in it. I cleaned it, retested it and ran the water again. I did it again 3 times, because each time there were still plastic seeds in it. Now there are no more seeds but the behavior is the same.

So I closed the water pump and plugged in the water with the city plug.
What was not my surprise! Exactly the same behavior!
The water comes out with a good pressure for 1 second, then it decreases quickly. With the city plug, the pressure is still sufficient for the hot water on demand to start.

The behavior is the same whether I use hot water, cold water or a mixture of both.

Could it be air entering the pipes? I would not think so, because otherwise, the water pump would turn on from time to time to balance the pressure? But it never starts when I do not open the faucets. Unless there is something I do not understand.

Could it be seeds in the pipes after the water filter?

Do you have an idea to help solve this problem?

I'm going on vacation next week and I'm pretty desperate!

Thank you.

Link to the videos. These videos are with city water attached (not with the pump)

https://www.claudecarrier.net/Autres...KL/i-M2sr8dT/A

https://www.claudecarrier.net/Autres...KL/i-4rSvVNT/A

Old 07-02-2019, 12:52 PM   #2

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Have you cleaned the strainers at each faucet? There are little screens in those also. If they are clear, it sounds like you have a kink somewhere in the line just inbound of the pump and where the city water comes in...before any faucets. Can you access all the lines and check them?
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 01:04 PM   #3

Model: Gemini 23TB
State: Quebec
THOR #15839
Hi,
thanks for your time to reply. Yes I have cleand all the strainers.
Forgive my english (It is not my mother tongue), but when you say a "kink" do you mean a "bent" or a "twist" or a "problem" in a general sense ?

I have visually checked the lines where the city water (and the pump) comes in. There doesn't seem to be any unusual bent.

I will disconnect the line where city water comes in and try to force water in trough one of the faucets, to see if something comes out a the other end.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:30 PM   #4

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Your English is fine!! Yes, a bend in the line somewhere. If no bends, then the line must be "plugged" with debris (those beads) but it would have to be real close to the input area, prior to any faucets, since all faucets are affected. Start removing the line just inbound of the pump/city water input. Some here have blown compressed air through them but I would be concerned about pushing a clog further into an area you can't reach. You should also check all valves to make sure something didn't get completely opened from de-winterizing, maybe? If you have the rear bed slide (or any slide) that water lines run through, the "bend" could be there...somewhere further inward than just the area around the pump and city water input. Check all the lines.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #5

Model: Serrano
THOR #8144
I have one more question. (I don't have the same rig as you, so i am not familiar with options on all units) Do you have the outside shower/faucet? If so, how does the water respond there?
Old 07-02-2019, 03:10 PM   #6

Model: Serrano
THOR #8144
I would think that there is some type of restriction that is in the main supply line AFTER the pump since both city water and internal pump pressure are affected. There is a possibility that the supply valve downstream of the pump may not be fully open either because it is partially closed in error or defective in that it can't fully open.