Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-29-2019, 01:01 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
Been there, done that. I ordered this since it was the best value and came with clamps. https://www.amazon.com/IWISS-Crimpin...=fsclp_pl_dp_1

I also had to replumb from the FW tank to the pump since they installed the FW tank isolation valve under the lip of the floor cutout in a way that it could not be turned. All of this even though the FW plumbing diagram shows to place the valve above the floor.

Old 03-29-2019, 05:53 PM   #22

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
And what exactly would be the major difference between sediment and debris? Inquiring minds want to know. Either way=the glass bowl goes to the bottom.

Bill
One becomes the other doesn't it? You would think the installers would know the purpose and why the bowl goes down to collect the sediment/debris so it don't mess with the pump suction until the level gets high

Just one of the many things that the installers need more training for and supervision when the quality control folks make the rounds

Technically it would be sediment when the debris settles to the bottom of the bowl
Old 03-29-2019, 06:48 PM   #23

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12 View Post
Been there, done that. I ordered this since it was the best value and came with clamps. https://www.amazon.com/IWISS-Crimpin...=fsclp_pl_dp_1

I also had to replumb from the FW tank to the pump since they installed the FW tank isolation valve under the lip of the floor cutout in a way that it could not be turned. All of this even though the FW plumbing diagram shows to place the valve above the floor.
What made you think the line workers actually read (or even care) about engineering drawings? Or maybe you're coach was plumbed on a Monday, after a weekend of hard partying

Just messing with you...thanks for the link.
Safe Travels
Old 03-29-2019, 07:01 PM   #24

THOR #9511
Well that’s kinda funny. The final OC on my coach was done on 3 January 2017 after a few weeks of hard partying. And, everything was checked out but the water. We worked on water issues for 6 months starting with our first trip - hot and cold were reversed in the slide out. Who’d of thought red pipe gets hooked to line with red tape. I probably know our water design better than the Thor engineers.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5069.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	16374
Old 03-29-2019, 07:04 PM   #25

THOR #9511
Oh - here is the QC sheetAttachment 16375
Old 03-30-2019, 03:42 AM   #26

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12 View Post
Well that’s kinda funny. The final OC on my coach was done on 3 January 2017 after a few weeks of hard partying. And, everything was checked out but the water. We worked on water issues for 6 months starting with our first trip - hot and cold were reversed in the slide out. Who’d of thought red pipe gets hooked to line with red tape. I probably know our water design better than the Thor engineers.
Attachment 16374
And yet they're humming right along, popping them out one-by-one and folks like us keep buying them. Go figure
Old 04-06-2019, 07:17 PM   #27

Model: AXIS 25.3
State: California
THOR #4022
While all are worried about bowl up or down, I found the filter in my AXIS AFTER the pump!! I bought a PEX tool to correct it but it turned out that there was enough room to rearrange without using the PEX.