Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2018, 09:40 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Florida
THOR #6310
Waterless Trap

The shower in our Challenger has become very slow draining. I suspect it's clogged with hair. The little sticker under the shower says to remove the waterless trap before using mechanical drain cleaning device. Anyone know how to do that? Or, can we just use some Drano or other chemical drain opener?

Old 05-05-2018, 10:04 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
I suspect it is a one-way flapper valve to prevent tank odors from coming into the coach.
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:43 PM   #3

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #1183
What you might try. More than two hands helpful. Stoppers and water in all sinks and shower. Use plumbers helper/plunger at each drain to force water thru drain pipes. If air or water comes out of drains - add more standing water or have helper hold drain plug in place.
The shower probably has a HepVo https://www.amazon.com/HEPVO-BV1BUB1...keywords=hepvo waterless trap. Using a snake would likely destroy it.
Every couple months I go thru the above routine as preventive maintenance.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:27 PM   #4

Model: Challenger 37 LX
THOR #7853
Had the same thing happen to us. I tried plunging but it ended up having to to take the trap out to fix it since the plunger made the rubber flapper in the trap get kinked up.

There's an access panel for the shower drain outside the bathroom on the left side of your sliding door leading into the bathroom next to the bed. You have to be a bit of a contortionist to get the trap out but it's doable . Took me about 20 minutes to get it apart straightened out and put back together while we were camping. . Works fine now.. Hope this helps. [emoji879]️

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:09 PM   #5

Model: Challenger 37LX
THOR #6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Pirate View Post
Had the same thing happen to us. I tried plunging but it ended up having to to take the trap out to fix it since the plunger made the rubber flapper in the trap get kinked up.

There's an access panel for the shower drain outside the bathroom on the left side of your sliding door leading into the bathroom next to the bed. You have to be a bit of a contortionist to get the trap out but it's doable . Took me about 20 minutes to get it apart straightened out and put back together while we were camping. . Works fine now.. Hope this helps. [emoji879]️
Thanks! Waterless trap located and cleared of hairball. lol All is well again!