Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2019, 03:58 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: windsport hurricane 34f
State: Tennessee
THOR #9067
Wet the bed

So.were sitting at tims ford lake,state campground,90 degrees and humid.both a/c's blowin cold,noticed the master bed was wet,thought the dog jumped on it wet from the lake. Then noticed a huge drip from the rear a/c,right on the bed,shut off ac,dried the bed,removed inner and outer covers,found nothing strange,releveled rig and now ac has been runnin 8 hrs with no drips inside,cant even find the drips outside.so... do we think releveling fixed the issue?or maybe it was froze up and ice melting was coming in?

Old 07-07-2019, 04:22 AM   #2

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Could have frozen up. Could have been pitched so the water wouldn't run out of the drip tray. Or the drip tray drain is partially plugged. I would climb up top, pull the A/C cover and make sure mud dobbers or other crap isn't plugging the drain.
Old 07-07-2019, 02:56 PM   #3

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: Texas
THOR #3182
Same thing happened to us in the Disney Fort Wilderness campground last year. Woke in the middle of the night thinking my feet felt wet. It turned out the whole end of the bed was soaked.

Since it rained almost every night we were there I just assumed we had a roof leak but, it hadn't rained that night.

I turned the unit off and the next morning I went up and checked the a/c but I never found anything and, it's never happened again. The filter was clean but all I can assume was it froze up.

I guess it does happen.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:07 PM   #4

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Happened to us in our Southwind, except it was the front AC. Same thing, took it apart couldn't find anything. Kept that rig another six years, never happened again.
Mike
Old 07-09-2019, 02:32 AM   #5

Model: windsport hurricane 34f
State: Tennessee
THOR #9067
Well, i climbed up top,removed the cover and found a build up of fuzzy debris on the evaporator,also found there are 2 drain holes,like small rubber grommets,kind of hidden,best way to clean them out doesnt even need to remove cover.use a can of compressed air with a little straw with bent tip.cleaned evap core with soap and water,then compressed air.put a pan on the bed to catch water.keep the inside filter clean to avoid build up on the evap.